Hell

Athos walked through the streets Rain ran from the brim of his hat, he had made sure that Milady was occupied eating with the Cardinal, and he knew the red guard were already too drunk in the Taven close to their barracks to follow him. 

He pushed open the door to the abandoned house that they had met in the night previous. There was a bottle of wine on the table waiting and a fire lit in the hearth. Athos shook the rain from his cloak and his hat and uncorked to the bottle as the door opened again and Porthos, Aramis and D'artagnan walked in.

"You found the wine already" Porthos said hugging him

"It has been a very trying day. Where is Treville?" He asked hugging the other two men to him

"He was trying to get an audience with the King but with the news of the Queens pregnancy they have hidden themselves away" D'artagnan said picking up the bottle and filling a cup

"How did you do it, Taking Estelle to the Chatelet?" Aramis looked at him. Athos looked down

"We have to get her out she doesn't deserve to be in there, I am terrified for her" he sat heavily on a chair and put his head in his hands "I have been to war, I have killed and ordered the deaths of people and I have taken prisoners to the Bastille and Chatelet" he turned his head and looked at them "but this... I wanted Hades to carry us far away from here, I need to keep her safe and I failed"

"We will get her out. Constance is also going to speak to the Queen, you know what she thinks of Estelle" Porthos paced the floor "We will get her out for you" Athos nodded he fetched off the necklace and slipped the ring from it and handed it to Aramis

"This is the ring I gave her; if you get to her before I do then give it to her" Aramis nodded and put it onto the Rosary that the Queen had given him. "We will make sure that this plan sees itself out. I do not care what happens to the Cardinal but Anne is mine" He sank his drink and pulled on his cloak and hat. Have Treville make sure the King is in the Throne room by nine and I will make sure that Milady leaves the King knowing what she really is" he walked out and closed the door behind him.

                                   **************************************************

I huddled into the damp corner of the room; my entire body shook partly with the cold partly with terror. Screams reverberated from somewhere deep in the prison. I tried to shut it out but nothing worked. There was the sound of scurrying of the rats somewhere in the cell along with me.

I thought about my old life and instantly knew that even with what was going on at the moment I wouldn't change a thing. Tears spilled from my eyes as I thought of the pain in Athos's face when he had to bring me here and leave me kept coming front and center into my brain making it even harder.

All I could do was hope to god that they worked out how to get me out of here.

                              ****************************************************

Constance paced the floor in front the fireplace in the Queens apartment. She wrung her hands and looked the sun that was weakly beginning to show through the cloud signaling it was already early morning. She hadn't slept a wink the entire night. There was the sound of the outer door opening and chatter of the other Ladies in waiting and the giggle of the Queen. She walked into her room and stopped seeing Constance.

"Oh your Majesty" Constance hurried over to her and dropped to her knees and grasped onto the Queens hands

"Constance whatever is wrong?" The Queen put her and under Constance's chin and lifted it

"The Cardinal yesterday" tears came to her eyes "He had Estelle arrested for hitting Milady de Winter"

"He did what?" she frowned

"It seems as if the night she left here to speak with Aramis" Constance lowered her voice "she had an encounter with that woman and Estelle lost her temper and she hit her" the Queen couldn't help but smile a little "But she obviously made it seem a lot worse and she had the Cardinal arrest her"

"I will overturn this injustice, I promise you" she walked over to her writing desk and sat down "That woman is taking liberties," The Queen called for one of her other Ladies "Go to the Garrison and take these letters to the Musketeers" One letter was her instructions, and the other was a letter demanding my immediate release

"It's not the worst your Majesty; Athos was the one that was instructed to take her to the prison" The Queen closed her eyes and hung her head"

"That is going to make Athos a very dangerous man"

                          ********************************************************

"Did you sleep?" Aramis asked as D'artagnan and Porthos came down the stairs

"Not much" Porthos huffed picking up a piece of fresh bread from the table and taking a large bite

"I don't suppose Athos did either" D'artagnan patted the side of his horses' neck as one of the Queens ladies rode into the courtyard 

"The Queen asked me to deliver this to you" she said fluttering her eyelashes as Aramis. He stepped forward and took the letters with the Queen seal on red wax on them and opened the one addressed to Treville; Porthos walked over to him and took the second letter

"This is to the Guard in charge of the Chatelet" 

"The Queen wants us to fetch Estelle" Aramis said moving quickly to his horse "and take her directly to the Palace"

"One of us needs to send word to Treville of Athos's plan" D'artagnan said as they started out of the Courtyard 

"You go and Porthos and I will go to free Estelle" Aramis Called out "Tell him we will have her" D'artaganan kicked his horse and pulled the reins around and headed toward the Louvre Place whilst Armis and Porthos headed to the prison.