LUKANETTE S4 - GLACIATOR 2.0 - PT 2

Beginne am Anfang

‘Attaque, touche. Point.’ Mr. D'Argencourt says.

Adrien walks toward the locker room, disheartened, as Kagami watches him with concern. His head wasn’t really in the game as he was trying to think about how to make Ladybug feel better. Adrien walks out of the boys locker room; where Kagami is sitting in front of him.

‘Me defeating you all the time is normal. But just anyone defeating you worries me. If you have a problem, let me help you’ Kagami said sadly.

Adrien grabs his bag and walks to the door. He looks back and smiles at her slightly. ‘I appreciate it Kagami, but this is something I need to deal with on my own.’

Outside, Adrien enters his bodyguards car and drives away from the school. He starts to feel angry, clenching his shaking fist. He feels like he needs some air.

‘Can you stop here, please? I need some air’ Adrien asks the bodyguard.
The car stops in front of Place des Vosges. Adrien steps out of the car and sits on one of the benches as he continues to think. He spots a billboard of him as Cat Noir with Ladybug together, which makes him even more miserable. How can I fix this? he thinks to himself.

In Shadowmoth’s lair, the lair window opens.
‘I feel a devastating disappointment, a sense of guilt!’ He gasps in realization as to who it is. ‘Adrien? Reverse morphosis!’ He de-transforms back into Gabriel.

Gabriel brings out his phone to call his bodyguard. “Your job is to drive Adrien back home immediately after his fencing class. Go get him! Now!” he says angrily as he ends the call.

At the Dupain-Cheng residence, on the balcony, Luka had gone to do his part time meal delivery job. Marinette meanwhile, paces back and forth angrily while on the phone.

‘I don't call that a monetizing informational space, sir, I call it visual pollution!... How much would it cost to get that poster removed?...That much?? Can I pay in thirty-five hundred installments?... No?... Uh— Yeah, but no... go ahead and leave the poster there. Goodbye.” She ends the call.

‘Well Tikki, looks like the billboard is staying unfortunately' Mari sighs, looking out towards the park. She sees Adrien is sitting alone, looking sad.

‘Isn’t that Adrien?’ Mari said to Tikki.

‘Yes it is!’ Tikki replied.

‘I wonder why he looks so sad? Maybe I should go and try to cheer him up.’

‘That’s what a good friend would do, Marinette!’ Tikki replied.

‘Thanks Tikki!’ Marinette replied as she went downstairs and picked up a blue velvet cupcake to give to Adrien.

Marinette walks over as Adrien still looks down, sad.
She sits down next to him. ‘Adrien? Are you okay?’

Adrien looks up and gasps. ‘Marinette! I didn’t see you there!’ he replied, trying not to blush.

‘Is everything okay?’ she asked again with concern.

‘Yeah, yeah, I just, promised a friend that I would take care of something, but I’m starting to feel overwhelmed by the execution of fixing said problem. I’m feeling a bit over my head at the moment’ he sighed.

‘I can understand that. I think just trying to do the best you can, that’s all you can do. And at the end of the day, your friend should appreciate that’ Mari smiled.

‘Thanks Marinette’ Adrien replied, looking away feeling his face heating up.

‘Oh, I brought you a cupcake. I made it myself!’ Marinette smiled as he took it.

‘You made this, for me?’ Adrien replied.

‘Of course I did! I love you Adrien!’ Mari smiled and blushed.

‘I love you too Marinette...’

‘Adrien?... Adrien? You okay?’ Mari asked him as he shook his head coming out of his daydream.

‘Oh, sure... I’m fine. Thank you for the cupcake. You’re... very thoughtful Marinette’ Adrien smiled shyly.

‘No problem. Cupcakes always cheer me up when I’m feeling sad too.’

Mari put her hand on his shoulder. ‘But if ever you need to talk about anything, let me know okay?’ Mari smiled.

Adrien blushed slightly. ‘Sure, thanks Marinette’ he smiled.

He looked up and saw his bodyguard waiting for him outside the car.

‘I’d better get going. Thanks for the chat!’ Adrien said as he got up and walked back to his car.

‘Anytime Adrien’ Mari smiled as she watched him leave.

Then the Tsurugi car honks from the other side of the park, which Marinette notices, confused.