Prologue

~Hello everyone, I'm back with a new story anout to kids used to a rough life. This Prologue, like every other one, is
About how there life came to be like this. This book will mainly be in Carters point of view, being the older sibling, and some of it will be in Kaysons. In this part,Carter is 10 and Kaysom is 9 years old. They are also in their home town in Italy, so there might be some Italian, and some of it might not be right, thanks to google translate, so just pretend their speaking Italian. Thanks for reading, And please enjoy.~

🎼 Carter's POV 🎼
As I wake up with a jolt as I hear screaming coming from the living room.
" It was your fault she died. She had a long life to live, but you came and took it away!" I hear my father yell angrily and Kayson as if he had killed a man.
" Father, your under influence of drugs, calm down. Mom passed after I was born, it's no ones fault. Now go lay down, I'll get you some water," my brother tries to calm father down, but it doesn't work.
" No I'm not, I'm completely fine, but if you weren't born, she wouldn't have gotten lung cancer. I knew you were a mistake," father grumbles and I hear a loud * slap * and * thump * and I quickly run out of bed to go comfort my younger brother.
" What the Hell Dad, he's just 9 why be so harsh, he deserves as much love as he loves you." I snap at him as I help my brother up and carry him out of the room, leaving dad behind.
" No, Carter, he's a mistake and doesn't deserve anything. He's lucky he's still here," he calls from down the hall. I ignore him and walk Kayson to our room. I set him down on his bed, making sure not to ask right away what happened. I walk into our bathroom and grab a cloth, put some cold water on it, and shuffled back to my crying brother.
" Is it true ? Was I really just a mistake ?" Kayson asks with a weak and trembling voice as i walk through the door. I quickly run over to him and embrace him in a big hug and let him cry on my shoulders. I gently dab his red cheek with the towel.
" Of course not Kay, you we're defiantly not a mistake." I reassure my brother. " Don't listen to him. He's just gone crazy after mom passed. Ignore him, just stay with me. "
" Okay," he answers as I dry tears from his cheeks. "Now come on, let's go to school. No need to stay here."
" But I'm not ready," I whine.
" Then hurry up, I want to get as far away from here as I can get."

~~ 2 years later ~~
Me and Kayson are walking home to our lovely father when we get a surprise handed to us. Our favorite bullies are walking right behind us.
" Kayson, Run." I whisper as I pull my brown hair up into a ponytail.
" Why? I just got out of P.E." He complained as I grab hold of his hand and pull him forward, making him almost fall. We run for about a mile until we got to the street our apartment complex was on and quickly run inside.
" What was that about, now dads gonna ask why we were running." Kayson says while taking breathes in between his words.
" Perché ( because )" I say exhausted, " the three stooges were right behind us." He nods understandingly and we walk up to the elevator. We go up exactly 4 stories high and walk down to room 387. As we walk down the hall way, we see two men dressed in black suits with little Blue tooths in their ears.
" Ciao, possiamo aiutarti ? ( hello, may we help you )" I ask curiously as I hold on to my brothers hand.
" Sì, abbiamo ricevuto una chiamata da Un bambino Di nome Kayson. ( yes, we got a call from a little boy named Kayson )"
I look at my brother in surprise. What has he done now.
" ci soni da una organizzazione Di sicurezza per bambini.( we are from a child saftey organization." They men said, I looked back and fourth from Kayson to the two men. I was shocked at Kayson, but I realized this might be a good thing. I nodded and opened the door into the apartment where dad was sitting on the couch watching tv.
" Nostro padre là sul divano ( our fathers over there on the couch) the men seemed to understand and nodded and simply said " Grazie " before they both walked over to him. Me and Kayson instantly ran to our room and started our homework, but made sure to listen to the conversation. We heard a lot of yelling for about an hour before the two men came into our room.
" le valigie, vieni in America con noi ( pack your bags, your coming to America with us)" the two men said, and smiles instantly creeps on our faces. About three hours later, we finally left with Martzy and John two the organization in America, which we hope will be a lot better then our fathers house.

* yay! the prologues done. So this is basically the backstory and how they ended up in California and why how they lost thier parents. Thank you for reading and I'm looking forward to writing the rest of my new book - Not Broken - ~ KitKat