Chapter 5

Warnings

- Talk about not eating

- Suicidal thoughts

Denki POV

I open the door expecting to be met with Shinsou, yet the only person standing in front of me was Mina...

I was caught off guard by her appearance, so I subconsciously slammed the door in her face. I hear a quiet knock followed by Mina speaking. "Kami dear, can you please open the door. I swear I'm not going to say anything mean."

For some reason her words sound so soft, sweet, and genuine that it makes me flip open the door. I let her come inside before proceeding to close and lock the door again.

Mina talks to me and tells me how she doesn't believe in the theory. Apparently one of her friends in middle school was accused of being a villain because of her quirk, but in reality she wasn't. "The science part can't confirm anything, it's the person themselves that decides whether or not they are a villain." Those were the exact words she told me.

We talk like that for a while before Mina starts asking me about Shinsou. I start blushing at the mention of his name. She then remembers the ongoing situation and asks if Shinsou is on the right side or not. After telling her that he is with us, her eyes gleam with happiness and she says, "Shinsou is amazing, I'm glad he is so kind."

I nod in agreement. He truly is really sweet even though he may seem the complete opposite on the outside. Then again this could be one of those situations where he only shows his true sides to specific people.

An hour later of talking Mina decides to go back to her dorm and wishes me good night. I think about whether I should go down to the kitchen but then I hear the voice playing.

"YOU NEED TO STOP EATING SO MUCH. HOW WILL YOU BECOME A HERO IF YOU EAT THIS MUCH!"

He is right, I'm way too fat. Why am I still eating snacks here and there. I need to cut those off as well.

That's right, you're too fat to be a hero.
How do you even believe that you can be a hero.
You're so weak!
And you know that heroes aren't weak
You should just give up with your dream
You'll never even make it close to the top, probably just be stuck as a sidekick for the rest of your life.
Hell, who knows if anybody would even want to hire such a worthless person like you as a sidekick.

Shut up, shut up, shut up.

All you are doing right now is trying to run away from the cold hard truth.

"N-no, I'm not weak. I can still be a h-hero..."

Nah nah, you're stuttering. You aren't certain of what you are saying right now. I'll help you out and just tell you the best decision.
Quit being a hero.
Or better yet just end your life.
Why are you even alive still, you're convicted of being a traitor as well. How useless do you have to be for people to actually believe, especially with the faking the intelligence part.
I can't believe that they actually believe that you are faking you're intelligence, I mean you got to be stupidly dumb for that to happen. And guess what, it did!
You are stupidly dumb!
Now go and do yourself and everyone else a favor and just kill yourself.
I mean you were also thinking about it for a while now as well, so I see it as a win win.

No. I have Shinsou and Mina with me, I'll be able to get through this. I don't need your stupid voice telling me what to do with my life.

Ah, you might be thinking that. But in reality you are analyzing everything I've said and thinking about how it's true.