3: bee vs blip

Tw: topics on self-unaliving

Well hey again.

This is a piece I call "I wrote this high off my ass on Covid brain & medication". I'm still currently in mid-recovery so maybe this isn't as funny as I think it is, but I'm in tears rereading this at 4am because it's just so absurd. My brain is a biohazard and I'm genuinely impressed I could even form a sentence. But oh my god. It's so random and ramble-y I'm afraid it makes no sense. I do not know where I was going with it, but we ended up somewhere lmao so I'm keeping it.

Listen to Body Talks by The Struts

Chapter Three: Bee VS. The Blip

If Bee was honest with herself, she would have long ago admitted that she didn't care about her life.

I mean, don't get her wrong... She wasn't exactly suicidal. If she was truly a danger to herself, she would have simply just stopped fighting the wicked destiny that was after her like a bloodhound. Seeing how she willingly chose to skip out on death almost every other day, this clearly wasn't the case.

Still, Bee didn't have much of an opinion on her life. Maybe it was because she had never believed she'd last as long as she did, and was unsure what to do with it now that she made it passed her infantile state... Or perhaps it was simply because constantly fighting for life had slowly worn away any novelty she had left for it. Whatever the reason was, she really wasn't sure why she fought so hard for something she didn't care about. Quite honestly, she didn't even know what the point of escaping death was... well, besides avoiding the physical pain and the scary unknown that went along with it. Although, Bee supposed she had always been a baby over pain—maybe it really was as simple (and as lame) as being scared.

Regardless, no matter what it was that kept her fighting so hard, Rath knew he could use her refusal to be processed to his advantage.

Rathven Ozias Paithwen wasn't just your average undead soul that did things by the book. He was actually rather infamous and quite widely known for his work in the Death division. But it wasn't just his job in the organization that created such a loud buzz when his name was overheard; Rath was—for lack of a more sophisticated word—special.

He didn't quite follow the rules like others, and for whatever reason, the universe seemed to shutter and shake in fear from his seemingly rebellious non-existence. Of course, Rath wasn't the only one the universe trembled for. The guy had siblings. Five of them to be exact. And as if the six of them were all just a little too big—or maybe too empty—for the universe to hold, they each created unique waves of chaos and confusion everywhere they went. It was as if the cosmo was trying desperately to fight them off; like they were viral infections to the heavenly stars.

but that was a story to be saved for a rainy day. This story is about Rath's tendency to step off the so-called written path.

Unlike others in the mostly smoothly running system, Rath quite enjoyed stepping out of line. He didn't follow a plan, nor did he want to. Random, unpredictable chaos was what he loved. You'd think that it would make him quite awful at his job, being that he was supposed to be the one that kept things from getting too messy, but it wasn't so. He rather enjoyed his job. And it was because of his job that he was allowed more freedom than perhaps any other non-living being in The Beyond (please stick a metaphorical pin in this topic, as we'll be coming back to it later). Since he was the last resort (and with only a few rules to try his best to follow), he had the option to do anything it took to make the mess disappear.