21

"I'm not seeing, nor fucking anyone else, but I have been lying to you." Ben said seriously.

Miranda looked up at him and tears were welding up in her eyes.

"The reason I have been working late and longer hours is because I was trying to get the PRT back. After you gave Birth to Madelyn I looked down at her, into her beautiful brown eyes and I knew I needed a safer job. Not just for her, but for Pru, the boys, and you.

Deja use to be a surgical nurse and originally joined the fire academy to work with the PRT, but it was close down by the time she finished.

I have been working with her to train and that's it. That’s how her earring got in the car because she rode with me to the meeting, the meetings where I have been wearing dress shirts to.

That's probably why my dress shirts smell like her perfume.

"So riding in car with her is how your shirt smelled like perfume?" Miranda asked unconvinced.

"Miranda I don't know, she hugged me after the meeting went good, I swear I don't know."

"Mmm continue." She nodded. The bitch probably sprayed her husband with perfume. She wasn't putting anything pass her.

"In the text message we all went to the bar after work for one drink when 23 joined our team. I didn't even drink I talked to Herrera, Montgomery, Gibson, and Bishop, then I went home. That's what she was thanking me for. I was just as confused as you.

The ex wife comment I don't know what the hell she's talking about. I wear my ring and talk about you and the kids all the time. I've never said anything about an ex wife.

The day I saw you at the park with that lowlife, I ran into her at the park with the kids. She was walking her dog. I wish you would have came to me and just asked before you would assume that I was cheating on you. I thought we had trust. If you would think that low of me then what did these umpteenth years of marriage mean."

"I do trust you Ben and I have never in all these years of our marriage doubted you until now and can you really blame me Ben? You yourself just sat in front of me and told me how you lied to me for months. You lied to my face a couple of times and I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I trusted you and I knew that you wouldn't do that to me until it boiled over. So don't sit here and act like no damn saint. You made me crazy." Miranda huffed.

"You're not guilt free in any of this either Miranda. The fact still remains that another man was in this house. My house, that I bought, pay the bills in and he kissed my wife. Where ? Where were you two? In my bedroom." Ben asked his voice picking up.

Miranda raised her eyebrow at him and then chuckled. "Why would he be in our bedroom Ben? Now that clearly shows what you think of me."

"I know you Miranda, I know my wife and who I married. You like him." Ben crossed his arms.

"What?!"

"Nobody is going to just kiss a person on a whim. He felt like you were having a connection with him too and you are still not answering. WHY. WAS . He .HERE." Ben growled now yelling. 

"He was here because the kitchen sink broke and was spraying water everywhere. If you would ever pick up your damn phone for me then you would have seen that I called you to come fix it. You didn't answer, but he did. He came over and fixed it. I tried to pay him for fixing it and he said it was unnecessary. He told me that I was special and he thanked me for helping him with his daughter and then swooped in and kissed me. I immediately backed up and told him I was married. For God's sake our wedding pictures are all over the house and I have never taken my ring off around him. I don't have any type of feelings for that man, not even platonic. The fact of the matter is he was there and you weren't and you haven't been for months. I would never ever cheat on you. You big dummy."