16

"Miranda please stop crying." Ben stressed rubbing her back.

"I'm not spending enough time with her and now she hates me." Miranda cried.

"Miranda you are doing the best you can and she could never hate you."

"She replaced me with you. She won't come near me. She doesn't want me to bath her, tuck her in or read to her. This is hell." She snapped before blowing her nose.

"She is just adjusting to having to become second for a little while. She is use to just you two and now it's 3."

"I know it, but I don't like it." She rolled over to face him.

"It's going to be okay." He assured her.

Miranda watched him set his alarm clock for 5 in the morning and she scrunched her nose up.

"What time do you have to be to work in the morning?"

"6." Ben answered.

"Why so early?"

"Just some training." He said telling the truth.

"Okay." Miranda said laying her head on his chest, finding sleep quickly.

At 3 Miranda felt someone push her lightly.

"What's wrong?" Miranda asked opening her tired eyes.

"I sleep with you?" She mumbled. Miranda sighed and looked over at the baby sleeping in her lounger in between her and Ben

"I'm sorry princess. Maddy's sleeping in the bed and when she cries she will wake you up."

Miranda normally let Madelyn sleep in the nursery, but tonight she was extremely tired of walking to go get her. She cried twice already.

Pru looked at Miranda and frowned. "Okay." She said sadly.

"How about mommy come in your room?" She suggested and watched as she nodded.

Miranda slid off the bed and walked into her room, she pulled the covers back and they both got into the bed. She laid down and fell asleep again.

The days seem to move by so quickly always doing the same routine. The nights would come and go and it seemed as if her husband's work schedule got even longer, leaving her at home with two babies. She was tired more than ever now, and she was counting down to the days she started work again.

She was now pumping milk for Maddy and glad to have her body back some. She was happy to be able to just store the milk and heat it up for her.

Tonight she laid in bed thinking about nothing in particular, as she doze in and out.

Ben came into the room after checking on everyone before he laid down and he saw Miranda with her eyes closed laying in bed, he knew she wasn't sleep because she normally waited for him.

"Dinner was great." Miranda told him peaking her eyes open.

"I'm glad I could be of service." Ben chuckled looking at her brown skin in her night gown and the curve of her body in the bed. Since he went into work early he came home early to relieve Miranda and to cook dinner for his family.

"It was so good, my favorite." She said seriously.

"I know." He smiled licking his lips as he got onto the bed. He would be a liar if he said he didn't want her right now. It has been four long months. They couldn't in her last month of pregnancy because she was in pain and uncomfortable and now its been 3 months after that. The doctor has already cleared her for sexual activity.

Ben wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into him, he kissed her shoulders, up to her neck, before pulling her earlobe into his mouth.

Miranda moaned lightly before pushing him back a little bit.

"You don't want to?" Ben questioned.

"Ben baby I do, trust me. I'm just extremely tired right now and I want to sleep." Miranda said softly tapping his arm.

Ben nodded and moved away from her. He got into the covers and turned towards the nightstand on his side.

Miranda pouted and blew out a breath. "How about this, tomorrow after I feed the baby and get her and Pru to bed we will. I will be waiting right here for you on this bed naked when you get off." She told him wrapping her arms around his body and putting her face in his back, leaving little kisses here and there.

"You hear me?" She asked intently.

"I hear you." He told her.

"You still love me?" Miranda asked jokingly.

"Of course. I would love you even more if you gave me the goods."

"The goods is that what we are calling it these days?"

"That’s what I'm calling it when my wife has an enchantment between her legs."

"I will bewitched you tomorrow." She laughed kissing his back again.

"If you want me to make it through the night stop kissing me." He said seriously "Me and my parts need some type of control."

"I'm sorry." Miranda giggled rubbing his arm.

"Good night Miranda Bailey."

"Good night Ben Warren."

The next day Ben pushed himself through work. He was so excited to get home tonight. You couldn't contain the smile he wore if you tried, especially when the clock ticked to 10:30. He flew to the locker rooms and took a shower, using her favorite scent on him. Red polo.

After his shower he grabbed the roses he bought for her during his lunch break, and walked upstairs to retrieve the red velvet cupcakes out the refrigerator. After sex, they always wanted something sweet.

He needed to remember to bring a water bottle into their room because he was wife didn't believe in water breaks and all the positions he had running through his head, they were surely going to need some water, to rehydrate.

Arriving home, Ben walked into their bedroom and he saw Miranda sleeping. One arm under her head the other draped into Maddy's bassinet, where she was sleeping as well. He shook his head and blew out a breath, he was honestly disappointed. He missed his wife.

Ben walked down stairs and into the kitchen. He opened the cabinet above the refrigerator and grabbed the bottle of Brandy. He poured himself a small glass and sat at the counter by himself.

After drinking it he sat the glass in the sink and ate one of the cupcakes. He put the rest in the refrigerator and put her flowers in a vase sitting them on the counter.

"Don't tell me yall are sneaking out again." He said looking up at the two teenagers.

"Not in pajamas." Tuck rolled his eyes.

"We were coming down to find something to eat." Joey informed.

"Your mom didn't cook?" Ben questioned.

"No, when we got home around 9 everyone was sleep. I think she ate a salad and made Pru some chicken nuggets."

"She's like super women, but very tired at night." Tuck stated.

"Understandable." Ben said seriously. "What are you guys going to eat then?"

"I don't know."

"If you guys get dressed, we can go to The 5 point cafe. They don't close till 2am." Ben smiled.

"Yes." Joey agreed and Tuck smiled.

Ben got into the passenger side as Joey drove, with Tuck in the back.

They got out and walked into the pub and ordered breakfast food.

"You are working a lot more than you use to. Almost that same amount when you were studying for crisis 1." Tuck acknowledged.

"I'm working on trying to get the PRT back. It's been a lot of training and meetings. God it's so many meeting. I have to conduct interviews to find people to work on the truck.  I'm studying all the codes to make sure I have everything memorize, so when we go before the  board I know every single answer. It's a lot."

"Why are you trying to get it back?" Joey asked.

"I'm trying to do this for you guys. Being a firefighter is dangerous and I want to do something that’s still in the field of first responding. I want a safer job, so that I can assure you guys that I am always going to come back home."

"That's going to make mom happy." Tuck acknowledged.

"Yeah I know. I haven't told her yet, because I want it to be a surprise."

"That's sweet." Joey nudge him.

"He's always been a sucker for Miranda Bailey." Tuck joked.

"I will forever be one and I'm not ashamed to admit it. She's my dream come true."

"Were you ever in love before mama Miranda?"

"No honestly. Being young you don't really know what love is, so you think you are, but the day I laid eyes on Dr. Miranda Bailey I realized then that I had never been in love before. She was and is all that I think about. Every time I thought about her I couldn't help, but smile. I started rearranging my schedule to get on her surgeries, I would stare at her constantly, make up reasons to talk to her, get excited about every text or call. I had never truly felt that way before and I'm not going to lie I've been with a lot of women, don't tell her that, but she was the first woman I ever truly loved. When I met her I knew she was going to be my wife. I bought her engagement ring after a year of dating, spending time away from her that was the worst year of my life. I could have easily been with another woman after, but I couldn't do it mentally and physically. It was like she put a spell on me. I couldn't even look at another woman." Ben chuckled thinking about it.

"Damn." Tuck laughed.

"I know I said this before, but you're whipped." Joey laughed too.

"I am." Ben agreed shaking his head.

"Are we still going to my college tour next Saturday? I have another one coming up after that." Joey asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, we can all ride together in Miranda's car, but one of you would have to sit in the very back or you two could ride separately he explained."

"I think we should all ride together." Tuck said. "It will be fun."

"I'm down." Joey said.

"Great." Ben laughed.

The three guys ended up taking a picture outside and Ben posted it on his Facebook.

The next morning Miranda woke up later than usual and rolled over seeing the bed empty. She sighed and stood up to go to the bathroom. After washing her face and brushing her teeth. She walked to the nursery. When she didn't see her baby she frowned and then walked to opened Pru's door. She wasn't in the either. Miranda tied her robe tight and walked downstairs

She blew out a breath seeing Maddy in Tuck's arm and he was feeding her a bottle.

"Good morning. Where's Pru?"

"She is with Joey, Madison, and Kelly they went to the children's Museum since Madison's cousin is with him and Kelly's little sister was with her."

"Aww and you didn't go."

"No I figured I would stay home and watch Maddy for you. I heard you have a gift card to a massage place."

"Oh my goodness, aren't you sweet. Are you sure you want to watch her?"

"Yeah, go on and do something for yourself we will be fine."

"Thank you thank you."

Miranda walked into the kitchen and she looked at the flowers on the counter. They were beautiful and she wondered what was the occasion or were they just because flowers. She smelled the sweet fragrance and walked to open the refrigerator. Miranda eyes landed on the red velvet cupcakes and she gasped. She completely forgot all about last night. She promised her husband sex and fell asleep. He brought her flowers and then cupcakes for after.

"Damn it." She huffed slamming the door.

"You okay mom?" Tuck questioned.

"Yeah I just forgot to do something last night." "Or rather someone." She thought to herself.

Miranda walked upstairs and grabbed her phone she flipped it back and forth in her hand trying to think of something to say to him.

Miranda: Good morning baby. Thank you so much for the flowers. I am so sorry about last night. I completely forgot.

She waited a little while before she saw a message flash over her phone.

Ben: Good morning to you too. It's okay. I love you and will see you tonight.

Miranda: I love you too.

Miranda opened her Facebook app and she strolled stopping on the picture her husband posted. She smiled at the photo of her favorite guys, but were they sitting at a bar. She looked at the time stamped on the photo for 8 h.

She did the mental math to 1 in the morning. Her husband probably came home and once he discovered they wouldn't be tangled in their sheets, he went back downstairs and the boys were up. She ultimately sighed, she didn't know when they would ever get the opportunity to be intimate again, but when the opportunity presented itself she was taking it.

Tomorrow was her first day back at work after Maternity leave and she was excited, but she was looking for a celebration and a stress relief that only her husband could provide.

Miranda sat on the bed and waited for him to get out the shower. She had on a sexy black nightgown with lace trimmings. She skipped underclothing because there was no point.

Ben stretched coming into the room and Miranda looked over at him in nothing but a towel.

"Jesus." She mumbled.

"I am tore up from the floor up, I mean beat up from the feat up." He groaned.

"Come on." Miranda smirked holding her arms out to him.

She giggled when he fell onto the bed, before rubbing his muscular arms and chest. She quickly leaned down and kiss his lips, her breast rubbing his face.

"I don't think I'm going to put anything on." He said seriously.

"Good we don't need clothes anyway." Miranda told him.

"I'm so tired." Ben groaned.

Miranda scrunched her nose up. "Damn." She thought to herself.

"How tired?" She questioned quickly.

"Baby I'm extremely tired. I went in early and got off so late."

"So you're saying you're too tired to fuck me?"

"Baby I would love too. I really would. I would love to fuck you all night long, but it is also 1:30 in the morning and we have to get up early for work tomorrow, it’s your first day back."

"Which is more of the reason, I need you to release me. We haven't had sex in months."

"I know that. Remember when I wanted to and I came home to you sleep."

"I have been at home all day with the kids."

"And I don't fault you for being tired. You deserve to sleep."

"So let’s have sex."

"Baby I'm tired. I can barely keep my eyes open."

"Okay fine." She huffed turning over.