Chapter 32

The castle got more friendly the longer I hung around, the dark looming corners seemed much less scary and the people seemed to be happy with the dragon queen. Who am I to judge? I've made plans to come back to Winterfell when Jon comes, I've been missing my little prince too much. Although it gives me a sense of security knowing that Cuana is nearby watching over him.

"Isn't the flag supposed to be inverted?" I look over my shoulder and see Danny.

"We agreed since there are two nobles and one bastard nobody would mind. Besides, Stark blood overrules titles in the north. We are progressive in that way." I take a seat and pluck a small flower from the ground.
"Will your brother bend the knee?" Danny asks, I look at her, there was that look in her eyes I didn't like.

"I told him what would happen if he didn't, but he is his own person and he has other people chattering in his ears." I sigh while shrugging my shoulders.

"Isn't it your specialty to chatter and know who's chatting to whom?" Dannys voice was sharp, her lilac eyes filled with an unspoken emotion.

"I've lost alot of allies and support when I ran to you the first time, and I lost even more once I came to you again. The people are scared shitless and they dont want to get involved in noble business anymore. They saw what has happened to the players who lost, and they aren't willing to pay that price." I stretch my legs out infront of me.

"I will regain their trust."

"You might, but it will take alot of work, first Joffree, that needs no further explanation, under Tommon they saw the sept of Baelor crush and burn their homes and families, then the things they are seeing and hearing now under Cerci... it may take your whole life to build the trust in the monarchy again. And how can I blame them, they are helpless under whatever plans we have and moves we make." The thoughts of the surfs swell in my mind and start to make my heart ache and my stomach turn. I stood up and turned away from the direwolf that was getting closer every moment. "You may want to get ready, your grace, the northern men have strong arms and when they hear of an unearthly beauty they will want to see it... And my brother will want to see who has the better hair out of the two of you." I whispered the last part in her ear. Dany smiles

"He will never beat this hair." she flicks it over her shoulder and grins. By the gods how these two are alike.

When the greeting party was sent out lead by Tyrion the queen got ready in the main hall with the huge stone throne. It doesnt look comfy at all. I hear muttering and Jons voice through the door, I can feel a wave of relife wash over me. As the doors swing open I see the northern party. I give them a big smile and it's returned. They looked tired but they also had a sense of wonder about them, they probably saw the dragons on the way up. As Missandie starts Daenarys' titles Davvos pulls a corner of a letter out of his jacket and gives me a small nod. I guess I have a letter. I got lost in my own thoughts when I notice the silence.

"This is Jon Snow... Hes the king of the north." Davvos looked nervous and I shake my head.

"You are in the presents of Jon Snow first of his name, the white wolf, bastard of winterfell, hero of the battle of the bastards, saviour of the wildlings, ex-commander of the nights watch, the reborn-" I started to get really into it but Jon put his hand on my shoulder.

"That is enough Lyanna." he whispers in my ear.
"Then I will take my letter and be on my way." I whisper back Davvos hands me the paper and I grin at Jon, I look at the letter and see Sansas writing but it said from Tormund on it.

"I trust that you dont need me to be a judge here, how can I choose between two such beautiful sets of hair. Its not fair." the two royals sit up a bit straighter.

When I got to a more private spot I opened up the letter.

' Dearest Lyanna,
I've never written a letter before, but for you I am willing to give this a try, even if i am not the one truly writing it, if I were to try you wouldn't be able to read it. Winterfell hasn't been the same since you left, it feels less wild, like they've taken the soul away from the castle. And I must admit I have been missing you, every time I look at Talion I see you. When I hear the wolves howl in the middle of the night I can hear your voice ringing in my head. The flames remind me of your spirit and your hair. But where I feel you the most is in the gods' wood, beside the tree where I can see the pond, the one that you almost kissed me by, before your brother interrupted us. One night I could have sworn that you were next to my reflection. If you don't understand yet, I can't stop thinking about you, I can't see anything beautiful or wild and not think about you. Please return to me soon. I need you.
With love,
Tormund Giantsbane'

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't swoon at the words that were written. I ran to my room and packed up my things in a break neck speed. My room was a flurry of coloured silk and cotton. I hear the door open and a sputtering. I stop my packing and see Jon looking disoriented. I tried to not giggle.

"I didn't come all this way to get attacked by lace." Jon huffs

"I'm sorry my dear, but I need to go back...now this is all yours now. So be nice, don't fall off the cliff and don't get killed, my dearest brother." I hug him tightly and then hold him at arms length.

"Stay on your feet when you get home." Jon begs half jokingly. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Only if you do to." I shoot back