" I was glad I found you awake at this hour. "

" yeah, well I couldn't sleep. " she said.

This is my chance to ask her. If I ask her now, then her and dad could talk about me moving in with Jake at the pack house while I'm at school.

" I have to ask you somethin." I said a little nervous.

I don't know why I'm nervous. I never get nervous about anything. I guess because this is my first decision I've made on my own.

Most decisions are automatic. This one is manual.

" You're not askin bout ' the talk ' are you? " She caught onto my nervousness.

" What? NO! Grandma already have me ' the talk ' remember. Besides, I'm bout to turn 18 mom. I'm pretty sure I know about ' that ' already. Given the talk or not. I have to know about it anyways cause it's the last stage of the matin process. " I said feeling confident.

" That's right. Sorry, I keep forgettin. " she said with a chuckle.

" I was gonna ask you if I could move in with Jake at the pack house? You don't have to give me an answer right away, but can you try to talk to dad about it while I'm at school? You know how protective he can get. " I said finally getting my question out.

" Yeah, I'll talk to him. " she said with a smile. I felt relived. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

" Ok. "

I started to get out of their bed to go to my room when a firm hand caught my wrist. My mom has always had a firm grip. She's one of the strongest she-wolf I know along side of Kristin's mom. I know she'll always be there for me if I need help, if I'm troubled, or I'm hurt.

I turned back around and mom pulled me back into bed and pulled the covers over me up to my neck just the way I like it.

" Just sleep in here tonight since it's really late. " she said.

" Ok, good night mom I love you! "

" Good night honey I love you to! " she kissed my forehead and pulled the covers up.

I finally let sleep cover me in darkness.

**********************

I woke up with the alarm clock blaring in my ear. I sat up and looked around. The walls are painted yellow with white window sills. All the furniture in their room is mahagony and the walls have a few pictures of me, some of mom, some of dad, and some of us all as a family. Just the five of us. The bed has a brown comforter and white sheets with brown pillow cases. The entire room smells like cinnamon. I absolutely love that smell.

I realized it was just me and dad still in bed. I caught a whiff of coffee being made and that meant mom was awake and downstairs.

I looked at the clock and it said 6:20. I got out of bed and headed for the shower. I turned on the water and got undressed while waiting for the water to warm up.

After a 10min. shower, I got out, dried off, and went to pick out my clothes.

I put on my light blue skinny jeans, a long-sleeve Costa shirt that's pink and blue, and brown zip-up boots. I went back to the bathroom to brush and blow dry my hair. After that, I applied lipgloss and mascara.

I put on deodorant and brushed my teeth before I went back to my room to get my book bag. Then, I headed down stairs to eat breakfast.

" Mornin mom. " I said grabbing an apple.

" Mornin honey. You already for school? " She said putting the newspaper down.

" Yes mam! You're gonna talk to dad right? Before he leaves for work? " I asked curious.

" Yes, I will. I promise! " She says with a smile.

" Ok! Thanks mom! I love you! I said giving her a hug.

" I love you to honey! " She said.

With that, I grabbed my keys and head towards my car. I drive my mom's old red four-door jeep Cherokee. My steering wheel cover is pink camo and I have a small picture of me and Jake hanging on my mirror.

From my house to school, it's a 15min drive.

I got to the parking lot of the school and parked.

I walked into school and waited for Kristin by our lockers like I normally do. After a couple of minutes, Kristin still didn't show up.

I walked to class before the bell rang and marked tardy.

I was wondering where Kristin is.

Is she sick?

She would normally text me if she was sick or missing that day of school for something.

I'll text her at break.