Chapter 47 - The hundredth Life

Comenzar desde el principio

"I've seen countless faces laugh and mock me, casting their disdainful glances upon me," I murmured, my hand resting against the mirror's surface.

"But never before have I encountered that child, not in any of my ninety-nine past lives," I continued.

"Was it mere coincidence?" I wondered aloud, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

"The way that child gazed into my eyes, it felt as though she held knowledge beyond my grasp," I said

"But unlike others, she never looked down upon me, never cast that disdainful glance that I've grown so accustomed to," I continued.

"That's why..." I trailed off, a smile spreading across my face.

"I'll hurt anyone who hurts that child," I declared, staring at myself in the mirror.

( But what about Bosworth?)

(He's been acting too interested in my daughter.)

(It doesn't sit right with me.)

"It's strange, Bosworth has never acted like this before in my past lives," I said.

"Could it be because of that child?" I pondered.

"Ever since I brought her here, everyone in the villa... they all seem different around my daughter," I observed.

"In my previous lives, they were all so distant and cold towards me. But with that child here, the atmosphere in this villa has changed. It's become warmer, more like a home," I said.

"Your grace, may I come in?" I heard the head maid's voice from outside the door. I glanced towards the entrance.

"You may come in," I responded, and the door swung open.

"Your grace, here is the letter," the head maid announced, handing me the envelope.

( Ah, I've been anticipating this letter.)

( This could be the beginning of the end for me.)

( Ever since that woman appeared, I've been cast in the role of the villainess in their eyes.)

( It's amusing how she still wears that same old gown. It never seems to get old.)

" But I'm tired of seeing that hideous gown," I muttered to myself, then turned to the head maid.

"You may go," I dismissed her, and she left promptly. Turning my attention back to the letter, I began to read.

" What was her name again?" I thought aloud.

"Ah, how could I forget someone who played such a significant role in my past life?" I chuckled to myself, a wry smile forming.

"Auriane De Verley, a pink-haired girl with brown eyes, the daughter of Marquess Aldro. She was adored by everyone, even managing to sway my father to her will," I recounted with a hint of bitterness.

"Ever since she arrived here, everything seems to be falling into place for her, just like the plot of a storybook," I remarked, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Oh, now that I think about it," I said with a wry smile.

"If our lives were written in a book, I'd undoubtedly be cast as the villainess," I thought aloud.

"And that little cotton-haired girl would surely be the story's heroine. How poetic, isn't it?" I remarked with a touch of irony.

"A female lead can get anything she likes and lived a happily ever after, marrying the person she loves and the person who also...loved her." I said and looked at the mirror.

" While, a villainess like me, is left with nothing and even ended up in a miserable life, I'm a villainess who can't have anything that a female lead bitch can have. " I said

" Auriane De Verley or shall we call Yuri, since that is what everyone calls her. " I said

"Ah, I remembered a past moment when she labeled me the villainess and insisted I play the part, claiming she's the protagonist of this world." I said with a smile.

"And here I am, slipping into that role once more, as everyone seems keen on casting me in it." I said, smiling at my reflection in the mirror.

I stared at my reflection for a few seconds.

"One hundred lives," I murmured bitterly.

"And in each one, I've been cast as the villainess." I continued, I clenched my fists, feeling this weight of anger and frustration I've been keeping inside me.

"No matter what I do, they always see me as the one to blame," I muttered, my voice tinged with frustration.

"But maybe it's time I embrace that role," I said with a grin on my face.

"If they want a villainess, then that's exactly what they'll get." I said and then I turned away from the mirror.
.
.
.
.🦋

But what Cynthia didn't noticed in the mirror is as soon as she turned her back away from the mirror, there was a dark handprint and a dark mischievous smile, just looking at her.