Chapter 6!

Yuzu's POV:

I've reached my apartment and I want to go to sleep as fast as I can. I took a bath and I finally got into bed. I thought about what happened today and I sighed. I'm marrying Mei, which means I should love her and I do, but why not be like a normal couple. Mei won't listen to me and she puts a wall over her heart that nobody can reach. How will I break that wall she's been building for years.  I slept out of my thoughts.

The next day, I was awake with my phone ringing a few times.

"Ah... what is it dad? It's just 7:00 in the morning and you keep calling me ", I yelled at him over the phone.

"Yuzu.. It's important. We have to give Mei the file. Can you please get it from our house and give it to her ", he said patiently.

"Dad...but ",  I tried to give him reasons. I don't want to start the day off with some comments from Mei.

"This is important Yuzu... please," he said to the other side.

"alright.... I'll be there in 15 minutes," I hung up and prepped. Like I said, within 15 minutes I had the file and I drove to Mei's office. I grabbed coffee on the way for her with some pancakes and reached her office.

"It's going to be okay...", I whispered and came up to her office to meet a familiar character.

"Yuzu Okogi.... What are you doing there?" said the voice.

"Himeko?" surprised me when she showed up. She has been friends with Mei for so long and she always told me to stay away from Mei when we were friends for a shorter period of time...

"Yes Okogi.... I asked you something!", she's the same... trying to imitate but fails. I wanted to laugh at her but I don't want to be at a bad side of my fiance in the morning.

"I came here to give the file to Mei..." I said...

"When did you start calling her name as Mei.... You're not supposed to do it," she tried to scream at me... but it sounded like  little kid who lost her candy. Himeko's been possessive with Mei all along.

"I have the right to call her....", when I was trying to explain that I was interrupted by a beautiful voice.

"Yuzu, why are you here?" she asked.

"Hello Mei, .... Hmmm... dad asked me to give you this file, "I was surprised at her beauty. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.

"ok... can you come to my room... I must check and sign and return it", she replied and asked me to follow her.

"Mei Mei... she can stay here right now," interrupted Himeko.

"Himeko, I mean... She's my fiancée and I have to treat her properly and I expect the same from you ", she just told her and started moving away.

"What?.... Himeko tried to get a response out of Mei, but she's already gone. I made my regular smile and I rushed to Mei's room like a happy puppy... I did... Mei defended me.

Mei's POV:

"You can sit on the couch and watch TV ", I told her and started working on my file. When I was working, I used to see her in between to make sure she was comfortable. She seemed so happy and adorable. She looked like a child who had discovered a treasure... but... I hate her...

She was watching some news on the channel. Some flash news were running.... This is when I saw her panic... she started breathing heavily... what happened?

Flash news: POLICE RECOVERED A GIRL'S BODY FROM THE LAKE. SHE WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD. THEY IDENTIFIED HER NAME AS MELANIE.

I turned off the TV right away and walked up to her and calmed her down...

"It's okay... breathe with me," I hugged her and made her feel better.

And then I asked her, "What happened, Yuzu?"

"The girl.... Melanie....", she was sluttering... 

"Do you know her?" I asked her gently. She shook her head and told me how she met her..

"basically, you flirted with that girl and you asked her come visit you in the same date you let your fiance... but she didn't return and now we are hearing that's she is dead", I had a sarcastic tone.  Any time you flirt with somebody...

She started panicking again... I sighed myself and calmes her down...  her phone started vibrating and she asked me to pick it up and put it on speaker... it is from an unknown number...

"Yuzu Okogi, we are calling from the police service. Can you come by now? We need to investigate you related to Melanie's murder," the agent across the way says.

Yuzu's in a state of shock. Sounds like something serious now.