Chapter 33

I'm following them outside of the store when suddenly a teenage boy slaps my ass before once more groping it by squeezing.

My heart drops and again it's like I see the surroundings of when I was living with John.

The floor is not a beautiful dark brown wood anymore but a cold grey concrete with small cracks in it and covered in blood and dirt and drugs.

The walls are not littered with beautiful lingerie but with wallpaper that you find in horror movies with blood smeared on it as it is ripped and broken in most places.

Imagines of when John did that kind of stuff to me flash in front of my eyes.

Tears enter my eyes as a lump grows in my throat and I still, let the crutches drop down to the floor as I turn around and give him a harsh punch in the nose as I hear a satisfying crack.

I breathe heavily while blinking a few times so reality comes back again.

The guy falls to the floor as blood immediately starts to fall out of his nose.

I'm slightly shaking from the previous memories, "don't touch me" I say in a threatening but cold voice.

The guy gulps nervously and immediately starts nodding his head.

My first instinct is to now torture this guy and then kill him but I don't want any question of my family.

My brothers are next to me in seconds.

They're mad at that guy- no furious.

Most try to contain their feelings, not wanting to make a scene in front of me.

Well most so Valerio immediately lunges at the guy.

Valentino and Atlas immediately make their way over to me.

Valentino grabs my crutches from the floor so I can support myself again while Atlas gently cups my face in his hands, "Ena you're safe, you're here with us not with John okay. Breathe" he says gently probably sensing that I had those flashbacks a few seconds ago.

I sort of nod my head as I keep looking back at Valerio beating up that guy.

I breathe as normal as I can at the moment while Valentino and Atlas take me back outside of the store.

I stand there still a little shocked but close my eyes and take a few deep breaths.

"Let's go to the food court, I think we have everything" Valentino says.

I just nod my head, "where's the bathroom?" I ask them 

"Second floor in the back" Valentino says.

"Where's the food court?" I now ask.

"Ground floor"

"Okay, you go there. I'm gonna go to the bathroom for a second" I say.

They agree and I make my way over to the elevator where I press on the button to the second floor.

The elevator doors close and my body relaxes a little.

What the fuck just happened