Chapter 6

I see 6 unknown men walk in the room and that police officer I knocked unconscious.

I look at them but make sure they don't see the wounds on my face however I know the blood ran down to my cheek so there is a big chance that they will see it.

The 6 men have different emotions.

Some are sad but happy

Some are mad well more like a hurt kind of.

And some are just confused I guess.

The 6 men and me stay silent for a long time and just stare at each other.

T-they look like me.

"Athena these are your brothers" the officer that slammed me against the wall tells me.

I look up further when the oldest starts speaking, "take those handcuffs off of her right now" he demands loudly.

Officer number 1- is what we will call the one who I knocked out for now on- quickly walks up to me as he pales.

A small smile rises on my lips when I just hand him the cuffs. His facial expression goes from being scared to shocked.

I see one of the younger brothers start laughing as the older ones smile lightly.

"H-how did you take them off ?" He asks

I shrug my shoulders before handing him the small pin I used.

A snort comes out of another brothers mouth.

I pull my hood of my hoodie up further since there is still blood standing my face, the handprint and wound.

They don't need to see that.

I shift lightly uncomfortable in my seat.

Should I introduce myself? No, they already know who I am but who are they? Like I now know that they are my brothers but what are their names?

"Are you getting custody of me?" I ask the oldest one

He nods his head, "yeah, I'll go sign the documents and stuff then we can leave to go home" he smiles.

I nod my head while we all- well me and the older man stand up.

I swing my backpack on my back and follow my brothers outside of the room.

We walk out of the police station well everyone but the oldest since he needs to sign those papers.

I stand outside looking anywhere but at my brothers.

"I know you don't remember us, it's okay. I'm Valerio" the boy who was laughing earlier says

"I'm Athena" I tell him.

He smiles, "I know"

A small smile grows on my face, "who are the others?" I ask him.

"The one who looks almost exactly like me is my twin Valentino, we're 18-" he starts while pointing at him "That's Angelo, he's 20 and is studying to be a doctor. And that one is Ian who's 22 years old."

"That's Alec, he's 24 and then your guardian is Vincenzo our oldest brother who's 26." He finishes.

I nod my head, "thank you" I say.

He just gives me a big smile when Vincenzo walks out.

We get in the big car, "can we go to my high school really quick, to empty my locker?" I ask.

Vincenzo spared me a quick glance, "sure which one is it?" He asks.

I quickly tell him the instructions which he follows and when we arrive it's around noon so students litter the hallways.

"I can go on my own, you don't have to come inside with me" I tell them when I hear seatbelts being taken off.

"No, we'll come" I hear all around me.

I just nod my head before we get out of the car and start walking inside.

People look and stare as I make my way over to my locker and my brothers follow me.

Since I need to lay low being a mafia, I'm the weird girl at school I guess you can say.

I almost never come here since I'll be recovering from beatings or when I'm being locked up in the house...

I do get pretty good grades, that's the only reason I haven't been kicked out of school yet.

I haven't been bullied like ever so that's good I guess but people do avoid me you know.

I open my locker when I reach mine.

I grab everything that's in there and shove it all in my bag too as my brothers make some kind of half circle around me.

When I have everything we leave again and I stay silent almost the whole ride.

"Where are we going?" I ask no one in particular.

"Plane so we can go to New York" Alec answers.

"New York-" I whisper yell before my shock stops, "-I don't have a passport" I then say.

Well I do have one but euhm yes that one is for missions and stuff like my real name isn't on there my street name is though.

"You don't need one we're going with our private plane" is all Vincenzo says before we park the car a few foot away from the plane.

We step out of the car and start walking to the plane.

A small gasp leaves my mouth when I see the interior.

Beige leather covers the big seats and behind them there are tables and couches. There's a bathroom and a few bedrooms here too.

A stewardess stands by the cockpit of the plane where the pilots are already seated.

Valentino brushes past me as I keep standing there.

"Sit down" he grumbles as he goes to sit in one of the many leather seats.

I sit down on one of the chairs before I put my seatbelt on.

I hold my backpack close to me when I feel the pain killers start to stop working.

The pain has been returning since I was in the car and now it's getting worse.

I don't lean my back against the seat since I know it'll hurt a lot but sitting does hurt my broken ribs a lot.

I decide to ignore the pain but when the plane starts, my back gets pressed up against the seat and the pressure of going forward starts hurting more and more.

The pain in my ankle becomes unbearable so as I bite my lip to stop myself from screaming in pain, I take out more painkillers.

Turbulence makes the plane start to shake a little which doesn't help with the situation.

I swallow the medication dry and hope that the pain will subside soon.