"I'm going to stay with him." Rias puts a hand on Akeno's shoulder.

"If you need anything let me know." Rias and Asia leave and Akeno sits next to Y/N and lays her head on his chest.

"You've been through so much pain, but you've kept going. You're here because you're strong, and all you want is to make everything up to me. I've always blamed you for what happened to them, but it's not fair to do that to you. You acted on orders you were given and at only thirteen. You've had to live knowing I hated you the entire time, even when all you want to do is protect me." Akeno's tears begin to flow faster. "Forget about what I've been through, how are you still here?"

Akeno lifts herself from Y/N and looks out of the window, the memories of her childhood running through her head. Ever since she could remember Y/N was the one who protected her. When Baraqiel was gone Y/N was the provider, no matter the physical toll on his body. When she was sad Y/N was the one to tell her everything would be okay. Even when everyone around her resented her for being the daughter of a fallen angel, Y/N stood against those people to protect her.

Akeno turns back around and approaches Y/N again. She takes in his facial features, mostly the dark spots under his eyes from constant stress and little sleep. She strokes his silky black hair, the color reminding her so much of her own. She examines his chest, noting every battle wound and scar, curious about the story they would tell. Y/N was by no means entirely roughed up, but some wounds don't heal, and those were clearer.

His hands looked rugged, but as she took one she felt the soft texture of his skin. She took a step back and looked him over entirely. Even with the bond that they had Akeno could admit he was by far the most handsome man she had ever met, even with all of his visible flaws. She wondered what he thought about and how you can stay alive while on the run from the Three Factions. While he slept he looked distraught, and Akeno could tell he was reliving that fateful night yet another time. She leans down and holds onto Y/N's hand again.

"I'll stay by your side until you feel better."

The Next Day

Rias enters the clubroom and sees Akeno on the ground with her head laying on Y/N's chest. The sight causes her to smile, but knowing what time it is she hesitantly wakes her Queen. Akeno slowly lifts her head and looks down at Y/N, seeing him still lying asleep.

"We need to go to school soon Akeno." Akeno slowly rises to her feet. "I know you're worried about him, but he'll be safe here until he wakes up."

"Okay." Akeno teleports home and Rias smiles at the sleeping Y/N. Kiba and Koneko enter the clubroom and sit on the couch across from Y/N.

"Is he okay?" Kiba asks.

"He should be. He was able to fix his impending blindness, but something happened with the process and he's been unconscious since then. That was almost 24 hours ago, but I still think he'll be fine." Akeno returns and looks over at Y/N once more. "We should probably get going."

"Okay." Akeno walks over and kisses Y/N on the cheek. "I'll see you soon." The four of them leave the room and make their way to school, but for Y/N, the story of the eyes he acquired is coming alive in his head.

Y/N POV
Dream

"Kakashi!" I look around in my vision and realize that I'm not in my own body, but instead the body of Kakashi, whoever that is. I find a piece of glass to look at my reflection, and I realize that both eyes carry the Mangekyo Sharingan.

 I find a piece of glass to look at my reflection, and I realize that both eyes carry the Mangekyo Sharingan