What a comfort she is. Still, I suppose she's right. I'm sure that nothing's going on with Harry and Michael. Nevertheless, I think that some good old-fashioned stalking might be in order, just to make sure. Ah, it's just like old times...

Saturday 22nd May.

Dear Diary,

Oooh, I could just spit! I am so angry! I haven't been this mad since Dad confiscated my Madonna records because he didn't like me listening to Muggle music. Somehow, I don't think that throwing all my clothes out of a window, ripping my bed sheets apart and screaming until I'm blue in the face will have the same clout this time around. Hard to believe it I know, but I was quite a brat when I was eight.

I've spent the day trying to track down Harry, and put an end once and for all to the monstrous supposition that he is somehow involved with Michael Prewitt. I think that I might make a really good spy, actually. I really enjoyed following Harry around and making notes of everything he did. Hmm... come to think of it, does that mean I'm a sociopath?

Anyway, imagine my outrage when, at exactly 5:17 pm, Harry was walking along the Charms corridor and Prewitt came skipping up to him, batting his eyelashes and smiling flirtatiously. "Hello, Harry," he purred.

"Hey, Michael," Harry replied easily. "How are you getting on with those defensive spells?"

Michael bit his lip, looking every inch the damsel in distress. What is the male equivalent of damsel? Damson? No, that can't be right. Whatever; he looked like a pathetic wet rag. "Oh, Harry," he sighed. "I don't know. It's going a bit better I guess, but I can't seem to get the hang of the wand movements. I'm just so scared that I'm going to fail this year. Those private tutorials have been really helpful." He looked up through his eyelashes. "Do you think you could give me a bit more help with my wand, Harry?"

THAT LITTLE TWO-BIT TRAMP!!!

I immediately saw what his plan was. Sadly, the same could not be said for Harry. "Of course I can!" he replied brightly. "To be honest, going over it with you is going to really help me out with my own revision. I'll need to get top marks in Defence if I want to be an Auror. How's tomorrow? You want to meet in the Transfiguration classroom again?"

"Oh, that would be wonderful," Michael replied, rubbing his paw up my sort-of boyfriend's arm. "Should I bring some food? Then we could have a picnic."

Harry grinned. "That sounds great! I'll see you there at around eight, then." He walked off, completely innocent of the fact that he was playing straight into the Ravenclaw's hands. I can see why Michael and Blaise hit it off, actually.

I was concealed behind a suit of armour throughout the conversation, and I'd been biting onto my sleeve to stop myself from jumping out and screaming at both of them. I was so angry that I was actually feeling dizzy. I have to say that I was sorely tempted to jump out and start screaming at them both, but I had to bear in mind that I needed to convince Harry of what a low-maintenance boyfriend I could be. But, I reasoned, there could be no harm in intimidating Michael a bit. I stepped out from my hiding place as he passed, and was satisfied to see him jump and look slightly alarmed.

"What the hell do you think you are doing, Prewitt?" I hissed.

"Malfoy?" He attempted to sneer, which was a stupid thing to do, seeing as he was in the presence of a lip-curling proficient. "Were you spying on us?"

"I don't know. Were you attempting to come on to my boyfriend?" I snarled.

"Boyfriend?" he replied. "Word has it that you and Harry are on a break. I'd say that he's fair game, wouldn't you? You can't blame me for trying. See, I figured that I'd show Harry how sweet I could be, and he'll soon realise that I'd be a much better boyfriend than someone who gets drunk and cheats on him."