20. The Same Path

Start from the beginning

The pigtailed girl looks down at herself. "Oh, yes! This is a new piece of mine, coming out in my new summer line next month!" She cheers.

"Oh, you have a new fashion line, Marinette?" Amelie asks. "That's exciting!"

Adrien wraps an arm around her shoulder. "I'm very proud of my girlfriend. She's been working hard and very dedicated to her work. She's going to be the next greatest fashion designer!"

"Now you've jinxed it," Marinette jokes, giggling as Adrien nuzzles his nose against her neck.

"Actually, I'm glad you and Marinette are here," Felix says to them. "Now Kagami and I can announce our news with all of you here."

"What news?"

Kagami raises her arm, emphasizing the engagement ring on her left hand.

"Oh!" Marinette gasps with wide eyes. "This is so great! Congratulations!" She jumps on Kagami and hugs her tight. "You have to tell me how he proposed!"

"Congrats, cousin," Adrien tells him, offering his hand to shake. "You picked a good one."

"There's no... it's not..." Felix stumbles over his words, nervous now. "You're still okay with me and Kagami—"

Adrien leans forward and hugs him. "I promise, it doesn't bother me, Felix. You and Kagami are a perfect match."

"Thanks, cousin."

Marinette turns to Felix to congratulate him as Kagami and Adrien step off together.

"I'm glad you found what you were looking for, Kagami."

"Thank you, Adrien. I hope the same for you." Kagami glances over at his girlfriend. "I noticed Marinette's left hand is still bare."

Adrien reaches in his pocket and discreetly pulls out a small, red box. "Tonight's surprise."

The former model was planning to propose to his girlfriend at their special spot in front of the Eiffel Tower, where Ladybug and Cat Noir had always meet up after battle. They haven't been there in over a year, and he wanted to remove his father's stain of their favorite safe spot.

Kagami nods. "Finally. Felix and I were wondering when you'd ask her."

"I'd love to stay longer, but we have to go meet my parents at the bakery," Marinette tells everyone as she grabs Adrien's hand.

"Marinette, I'll email you with the details of my dress fitting," Kagami tells her. "After all, I need my maid of honor to help."

"You... want... me...." Marinette's eyes fill with fresh tears. "As your maid of honor?!"

She nods. "Of course. The role for my best friend."

As Marinette sobs more, Adrien rests a hand on her shoulder and starts leading her outside. "We should go before my girlfriend melts into a puddle. Are we still on for dinner tomorrow?"

Nathalie nods. "See you next time, Adrien."

Marinette and Adrien walk down the street towards her parents' bakery, hand in hand like always, and cross the street.

"Hey, isn't that Andre?" Marinette asks, pointing to an ice cream cart stationed near the park.

"Yeah, and isn't that..." Adrien squints at the crowd formed. "Luka?"

"Luka?" Marinette repeats.

On hearing his name, the blue haired musician turns around, holding two ice cream cones. He spots the pair and smiles, raising his arm to wave. "Oh, hey, you guys! Long time, no see?"

"Hey, Luka!" Adrien greets as they walk over to him. "What's it been, three years?"

"Wow, that much time has passed already?" He asks, laughing. He looks at Marinette. "It's good to see you both."

"You too," Marinette whispers.

"I see your fashion line is growing strong," Luka says. "You have a new line coming out this summer, right? I'm glad all your dreams are finally coming true, Marinette."

She nods. "Yeah, it's exciting. I've never been so happy!"

"I take it, Adrien, you don't model anymore?"

Adrien beams a smile to Marinette. "Only for my lady."

Luka glances behind him. "I'd love to stay, but if I'm gone for too long, I'll have to deal with a blonde nightmare. Cute, yes, but terrifying."

Blonde nightmare? Marinette tilts her head, confused. Who could that be?

"See you, Luka!" Adrien waves.

"Bye, Luka," Marinette says.

The two watch the blue-haired musician walk back across the street and up to a white limo. Chloe, Zoe, and Sabrina stand by the trunk.

Luka hands one ice cream cone to Zoe and Sabrina and the other to Chloe. With a smile, he bends down and kisses the fiesty blonde.

"Chloe?!" Marinette and Adrien shout in sync.

"Well, Luka's right about her being a blonde nightmare," Marinette chuckles.

Adrien smiles. "Good for them."

"Oh, we got to hurry!" Marinette freaks, checking her phone. "Of course, I'm late..."

Her boyfriend wraps an arm around her shoulder and kisses her cheek. "Don't worry, your parents will understand. They grew up with this."

Marinette turns and glances over at Luka, finding his eyes immediately. They hold eye contact. It's crazy how fate is and the way things work. I'm lucky... and forever grateful for Luka.

He put them on the same path.