Dark Side Of The Moon

Start from the beginning

"Hey, it's better than dying on a wooden post like that jackass on tv. Come on, we gotta find Sam." Dean said, turning and exiting the theater. I pause to look over at my parents, taking one last good look at them before leaving.

We exited the building and climb into the Impala, where Dean drives down the dark road. The moon is huge and the sky is purple-toned and odd. "I thought Heaven, be brighter." I muttered, getting a weird eerie feeling from this place. "Guess God, not paying the Electric bill." Dean said, sarcastically.

After a little bit of driving, we saw something in the distance. "Is that Bobby's house?" Dean asked. "Looks like it." I replied. Dean pulls up in front of the house and we climb out of the car slowly, looking around and seeing nothing but the house. Just like the movie theater from earlier.

We walk inside, seeing the place is empty. We went upstairs, looking around until we reached my room. Inside, Sam was sitting front of the TV playing  Mario Kart 64, with a younger version of me, who looked around eleven or twelve years old. Sam was wearing old jeans with sewn on patches to cover up any holes, a hoodie, and mismatched socks.

Dean and I watch as Sam, playing as Luigi was in 2nd place, right behind younger-me in 1st place, playing as Yoshi. Sam had a green shell, but for whatever reason he didn't use it and younger-me was able to cross the finish line 1st.

"You had a shell, why didn't you throw it at me? You could've won." Younger-me asked Sam. "I didn't want to hurt you." Sam replied, and younger-me blushes while I smile at him, blushing as well.

I remember this. Dean and John were away on a big hunting trip, so Sam was staying with Bobby and I. It was only for that thanksgiving weekend but it was the best four days ever to me at the time.

"Wow. Just wow." Dean said, leaning on the door frame, causing Sam to turn and look up at us. "Guys? What are you doing in my dream?" Sam asked, and Dean just makes a face in response.

"(Name). Sam." We heard Bobby say, and Dean and I turn to see him appearing behind us. "Turkeys ready. Come on down." Bobby said, waving at Sam and younger-me to follow as he turns and walks down the hall.

Younger-me jumps up and ran towards Dean and I, running right through me like I was a ghost. I shivered at this weird experience. "Ugh! Didn't like that." I muttered, placing my hands on my stomach.

The boys and I went downstairs into the library, as Bobby and younger-me had thanksgiving dinner without Sam. "Heaven?" Sam asked, after Dean and I explained everything to him. "Yup." Dean replied. "Seems that way." I said.

"Okay, how are we in heaven?" Sam asked. "All that clean living, I guess." Dean suggested, and Sam shakes his head. "No, no. Okay. You two... I get, sure. But me? Maybe you haven't noticed, but I've done a few things?" He said.

"You thought you were doing the right thing." I said. "Last I checked, it wasn't the road to heaven that was paved with good intentions." Sam said. "Yeah, well, if this is the Skymall it sucks. I mean, where's the triplets and the latex, you know? C'mon, a guy has needs." Dean said.

Sam looks at Bobby and younger-me, still eating dinner as if he's there. "You know, when you bite the dust they say your life flashes before your eyes." Sam said, turning to look back at us. "Your point?" Dean asked. "Bobby's house, it's one of my memories." Sam said.

"When I woke up, I woke up in one of my memories. The Fourth of July we burned down that field?" Dean said to Sam. "And I was at the movies with my parents. They took me to see Oliver & Company when I was three." I said.

"Maybe that's what heaven is: a place where you relive your greatest hits." Sam suggested. "Wait, so... getting your virtual ass kicked by (Name)? That's a trophy moment for you?" Dean asked him. "Dean, I was thirteen years old. This was my first real Thanksgiving." Sam said.