Sympathy For The Devil

Start from the beginning

Then... all of a sudden the high-pitched sound stop and I was no longer being held by Sam. "What's the devil is your name?" I heard a voice asked. "Sa-Sa-Sa-Sa-Yo-Yosemite Sam." A familiar cartoon voice replied. "Yosemite Sam? Let's see. Ah, here it is. I could use a guy like you." The voice said.

I open my eyes, to see the bright light and chapel was gone. Looking around and I saw the boys and I were no longer in the chapel and were instead sitting on a plane, with a looney Tunes short playing for the passengers.

Dean was seated by the window, with Sam in the middle seat and me in the aisle seat. The boys and I look around, astounded. No one around us seems to have noticed anything. "What the hell?" Dean asked. "How did we..?" I asked. "I don't know." Sam said.

"Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore..." The pilot announce on the intercom. "Ilchester? Weren't we just there?" Dean asked.

"So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to..." The pilot said, then suddenly there was a boom sound, follow by a column of light shooting up into the sky. "Holy crap!" The pilot exclaimed. The shock wave knocks the plane off kilter.

People are thrown around the plane, screaming. Oxygen masks drop down and we put them on as the white light outside grows blinding. The high-pitched noise returns. Sam and I look at each other, while Dean looks out the window.

Sam and I look at each other, terrified. Sam held up his hand, for me to take it. I look at his open hand for a few second and for some reason... something in me just made me look away. So I face froward and close my eyes, bracing for impact on my own.

Later, the boys and I got a car and were driving down a far road, the radio playing. "....and Governor O'Malley urged calm saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown."

"Change the station." Dean said, and Sam pokes a button on the digital radio. "...Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area..." Another station said, before Sam changes it again.

"...announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear..." Another said before he changes it again. "...a series of tremors...." Once again, nothing but people talking about the explosion in convent. "....swine flu...."

Sam turns the radio off and sighs. Silence fills the car as Sam glances at Dean then to me. The second we locks eyes, I turn my head away to look out my window instead. "Guys, look..." Sam started to say. "Don't say anything." Dean said, getting him to go quite.

"It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?" Dean asked. "Yeah, okay." Sam muttered. "All right, well, first things first... How did we end up on Soul Plane?" Dean asked. "Angels, maybe? I mean, you know, beaming us out of harm's way?" I suggested.

I mean Zachariah did say he wanted to keep Dean and I safe for some reason. But then why did they save Sam, after he already did what they wanted?

"Well, whatever. It's the least of our worries. We need to find Cas." Dean said, and we continue driving in silence, the tension looming over us the entire ride.

We made it to Chuck's house by morning. Dean held the backseat door open as I slowly got out, my legs wobbling as I tried to walk on my own. I took a step froward and started to fall, when Sam caught me. "Here." He said, about to pick me up again but I pulled away. "I'm fine." I grumbled, getting in about two steps this time before I started to fall.

This time Dean caught me and put his arm around me and letting me use him as support to walk. As we walk towards the house, I couldn't help but look over my shoulder at Sam, who watches me with a dejected look. Sam looks down and shuts the Impala door as he starts to follow us.