10- Rena's Illusion

Start from the beginning

"I'll do it," Cat Noir interrupts. "Let's fake a kidnapping."

"Wait, you're going to agree to it just like that?" She questions. "You do realize you probably won't see your family and your friends for months, right? You'll be in hiding."

"I understand." He nods. "And if this plan will keep Marinette safe, then I'll do it. She was hurt because of me and I don't want her to be Shadowmoth's target. I'll do anything to make sure of that."

Ladybug smiles. "Kitty..." She clears her throat. "Alright. I guess we have a plan."

Cat Noir starts swinging around his staff. "So, how exactly are we going to fake my kidnapping?"

"That's the other part of the plan," Ladybug mutters, scratching her arm. "Umm, just follow me." She throws her yo-yo and flies across the city with a cat in tow. They drop down on a roof and hide behind a chimney. "Please don't be mad, Cat Noir."

"Why would I be mad?"

Rena Furtive turns off her camouflage and reveals herself. "Hello, Cat Noir."

"Who's this?" He asks and squints at the miraculous around her neck. "The fox miraculous? Rena Rouge?"

"Actually, it's Rena Furtive now," She corrects.

"What?!"

Ladybug grabs his arm. "Excuse us, Rena." She tugs him aside and grabs his shoulders. "I know I have a lot of explaining to do-"

"You're damn right you do."

"Rena's been using another identity to help me stay under Shadowmoth's radar, making sure he's not following me when I deliver miraculous to other holders or when I detransform and go home."

Cat Noir crosses his arms. "So, you've replaced me as your partner. Got it."

"No, it's not like that, Kitty!" She tries to reassure him. "You're my partner. The best one. It's just, Rena's abilities are a little different."

Deciding to push his anger away- for now- he drops the subject and sighs. "I get it. Just tell me the rest of the plan."

Ladybug and Cat Noir walk back over to Rena. "We're going to use Illusion to fake Adrien's, uh, your, kidnapping. It'll be very public and we're going to try and have Nadia already on live TV so the news spreads faster."

"How are you going to do that?" He asks.

"Nadia has been calling non-stop for an interview with you, right?" Ladybug asks. "So agree to one. Tell her you'll be free tomorrow morning around nine and ask to meet you at the park for a special, exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime live interview. She can't say no to that."

Cat Noir nods. "Okay. Then what?"

Rena speaks again. "I'll be in stealth mode watching everything and when Ladybug gives me the signal, I'll create an illusion of you showing up. That is until "kidnappers" pull up in a car behind you and grab you. After twenty-four hours, I'll create another illusion of them sending a ransom note, just to make it seem real, and-"

"And I go in hiding," He interrupts. "By the way, where exactly am I supposed to stay during all this? And don't you dare say the sewers. I'm in hiding, not a runaway, and I'd like to stay somewhere with hot water."