7- Trapped

Gabriel towers over Adrien, arms folded behind his back, and they stand in his office the next morning. "After the paparazzi situation with you and your classmate yesterday, Adrien, I have no choice but to homeschool you again. I can't risk anything happening to you. Not again."

"Please, father!" Adrien begs. "I hate being homeschooled. I hate being locked up in my bedroom all the time."

"How dare you speak to me that way!" His father shouts, angry, and Adrien flinches at his words. "I don't care if you're a superhero. You are still my son and you will do as told without complaining! Do you understand me, Adrien?"

"It's not fair," He mutters, looking away. "I'll never get to see my friends again."

"That's not true. Miss Dupain-Cheng's internship starts today," Gabriel reminds him as he turns his back towards his son. "She'll be here from four to eight pm every day after school. Though I ask not to distract her as she has work to do."

Marinette. Adrien smiles at the thought of her. "Whatever you say, father."

"You may go now, Adrien."

And he does, and texts Nino.

A: Hey, Nino. My dad's being crazy about this whole superhero thing and he's homeschooling me again. Please tell everyone the news. Don't worry, I'll find a way to change my dad's mind.

N: Bummer, dude! Sorry to hear that. We're all gonna miss you bud

A: Thanks, man. TTYL

Back inside his room, Adrien throws his phone on the desk and sighs. He walks over to his bed and presses his face into a pillow. "AHHHHHH!"

***

Nino stands and gets the class' attention. "Guys! Adrien just texted me. His father is homeschooling him again."

"WHAT?!" The class shouts in union.

"You!" Chloe slams her hands on the desk and spins around, glaring at Marinette as she points an accusing finger at her. "It's all your fault! If you weren't so clumsy, Adrikins wouldn't be in this mess!"

"You think I tripped on purpose?" Marinette challenges and stands as her classmate does. They go head to head, angry. "Well I didn't! Why would I do that, anyway?"

"Like it isn't obvious," The blonde snaps, rolling her eyes. "Everyone knows you got a big, fat crush on him. You saw that car coming and waited so he would swoop in and rescue you. Typical hero and dumb damsel in distress.

"That's insane, Chloe."

"You mean she's insane," Alya corrects. "Only someone as crazy as that brat could come up with that ridiculous story."

Chloe turns her cold stare to the redhead. "You might want to keep that big mouth of yours shut, Sidekick," She threatens.

"Or what, Blondie?" Alya climbs over the desk and gets in Chloe's face. "Are you gonna shut it for me or have your daddy pay someone to?"

Kim snickers. "Girl fight!"

"Shut up, Kim," Alix mutters, elbowing her friend. "Every girl in here could kick your butt. Even Sabrina."

"Hey!" Sabrina shouts. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Clam up, Sabrina," Chloe demands and she listens. "Maybe I'll shut it myself, Sidekick. Not like you'll do anything back." She shoves the palm of her hand in Alya's shoulder and pushes her. "Oops, butter fingers."

Alya glares at the blonde. "You're gonna regret that."

"Oh, am I?"