𝙻𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝚗𝚎𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚎

Start from the beginning

Mr Weasley arched his brow and put his hat on. "Fine. We will leave."

The couple of redheads left and Violetta sighed out of relief. She was emotionally drained by the day ― she has never spent her birthday away from her family and it was surprisingly hard. Especially now that she didn't even know if her family was safe, or alive at all.

Ever since Violetta had last visited her home, her family's been in dead silence which scared her greatly but she couldn't do anything about it. Normally she would ask Gabriel or Vivian to go and check on them but she didn't want to risk their safety.

"You okay?" Fleur asked and sat next to Violetta.

Violetta nodded absentmindedly, her mind still with her family. She wondered whether they were celebrating or not.

"Leta?"

"I'm fine. I just thought about mama and daddy. And Reggie and Draco. Birthdays and holidays are very sacred in my family. Mama likes to make a whole spectacle out of them," Violetta smiled softly.

Andromeda smiled too ― she could just picture her baby sister making grand parties for her own children. Even as children, Andromeda knew that Narcissa wanted to be a mother before anything else and she was glad that her sister's dream had come true.

"Although I think this year is different. I doubt that the Dark Lord is going to let mama make any big celebrations..." added Violetta. "He never struck me as someone who celebrates birthdays that much."

Fleur grinned. "Well now that we are still on the topic of birthdays... I have something for you," she said and stood up. "Come on, it's outside."

"What?" Violetta smirked.

She glanced at her aunt who shrugged but held a bright smile.

Violetta chuckled and stood up. She took Fleur's hand and headed towards the hallway but before they got to go any further, Nymphadora nearly stumbled at them.

Nymphadora Tonks was a very clumsy woman ― Violetta recalls her cousin costing many headaches to Mr Filch who often had to clean after the Hufflepuff ― but Nympharoda's current pregnancy has made her even clumsier than ever.

"Sorry..." muttered Nymphadora.

Now that Violetta and Fleur lived with the Tonks family, things with Nymphadora were more awkward than ever. The two cousins have never been close ― they weren't allowed because one of them was a daughter of a muggle and a blood-traitor. Although now Violetta was pretty much a blood-traitor herself, things with Nymphadora weren't any easier.

It seemed that both cousins had inherited the stubbornness of the Black family and it was extremely hard for them to get along. Nymphadora had been upset with her mother when Andromeda first told her that Violetta was going to be living with her girlfriend.

But with time Nymphadora had let go of her anger but she still wasn't completely sure whether or not she should trust her cousin.

"Happy birthday," said Nymphadora.

"Thanks," said Violetta and left the house with Fleur.

The air was cold and there was even some snow on the ground. Christmas was just a day away but it didn't feel like it. It didn't feel like Christmas and for Violetta, it didn't feel like her birthday. She appreciated what Andromeda had done in order to make the day a little less painful but it didn't take the pain away completely. The cold harsh truth was that Violetta wasn't going to spend her birthday with her family like she used to.

But she was spending with a new family ― a family she has made and has left.

"Close your eyes," said Fleur when she and Violetta made it to the front porch of Andromeda's home.