-20XX/12/12

EMPTY

You don't remember the last time you've been in this building, but maybe that's cause the weekend felt longer than usual

As usual.

What has been usual to you? Other than the immense amount of trouble you're experiencing each day, the smell of horrible workplace coffee that somehow still gives you that boost you need to get through the day, your boss somehow managing to find a way to weasel himself into your life, Toji texting you from time to time asking how you've been so far.

That has been normal, that was your usual.

Today, a seemingly usual day, feels extremely unusual.

There was no workplace chatter, it was just... quiet. It didn't feel right.

You get out of your chair to inspect the office, only to realize it's essentially empty.

Did you lose track of time while zoning away at your paperwork?

Loneliness, it's a familiar feeling, one you are accustomed to, but that has slowly started to go away from your life ever since getting this job.

Loneliness.

This is starting to scare you.

You walk around, trying to see if anyone else was there. It was just empty desks, empty cups of coffee, empty files and documents that need to be done.

Where is everybody? Where is Naoya? Is he alright?

These thoughts started to fill up your head, a small panic fills your heart as you dash towards the CEO office.

Naoya, where is Naoya?

Muscle memory brings you back to the door, you shoved it open, eyes slightly bleary out of panic.

An empty desk.

"Naoya?" You called out, looking for him around the room.

Empty.

Lonely.

It was not a nice feeling.

Your eyes drift to the coat rack, it was mostly bare, other than your bosses coat hanging on it.

You ignore it, despite wanting to go nearer to be comforted by the smell of his expensive cologne.

Where is Naoya?

You look back at his desk, then it hit you.

Your phone.

You search around your pockets, digging for the metal device, a sigh of relief once your hand makes contact with something cold and smooth.

Pulling it up, you go straight to the first person you see in your contacts.

Toji.

Your hands shook as you tried to call him, but the signal was somehow absolutely wrecked.