-20XX/12/8

NORMALCY

It's been a long time ever since you've caught a break from the busy and entertaining interactions with your boss, somehow all those activities have left you feeling slightly more worn out than usual, but you still missed the serotonin that came f...

It's been a long time ever since you've caught a break from the busy and entertaining interactions with your boss, somehow all those activities have left you feeling slightly more worn out than usual, but you still missed the serotonin that came from the spontaneous things he did.

"Yo Y/N? You're zoned out." A coworker called out.

With how boring the day was going, you managed to be careless enough to zone out while on the clock, clearing your throat and composing yourself once more, you turned to the coworker and muttered a thank-you.

"Whats on your mind today? I've never really seen you drift off like that." The concern on their face guilt-tripped you as you tried to come up with a plausible reason.

"I.. I ran over a dog this morning..?" The confusion in your voice wasn't really well hidden, but it seemed to satisfy your coworker as they got up to leave.

Breathing a small sigh of relief now that you were on your own, you leaned on your fist once more, waiting for the next task to come up.

Unsurprisingly enough, short after looking for a new task, Naoya texted you with something new to busy yourself on.

Naoya Zen'in
Print these out and bring them to my desk.

Y/N
k

You figured the swift response was enough to satiate the impatient prick as you sent the papers to your printer, tossing a paper in and waiting for it to finish printing.

While waiting, you got lost into your thoughts once more.

The rainy memory where Toji rag-dolled you to your house popped up and made you unconsciously smile.

'Speaking of Toji, how must he be there days?' Your trail of thought was cut off by your printer beeping as you turned to see the fresh stack of papers come out of it.

Picking them up, you begrudgingly stood up from your desk and made your way to your Naoya's office.

Once you finally arrived, you knocked firmly on the door and opened it, walking to his desk and slamming them down, startling him.

"Christ Y/N, don't make me fire you." He jokingly threatened, arranging the papers a bit more neatly.

"Whats up with you? Is it that time of month again—?" He looked in disgust, scrunching his nose up as your patience wore thin.

"I'm just tired and bored today." Making your way to the couches, you lazily plopped yourself down onto the soft cushions.

"Woah, this is one hell of a change, what happened to yesterday Y/N?" After that, he muttered "I never knew women's personality changes that much on their time of the month.." Under his breath, attempting to not get heard and failing miserably.

"No boss, I am not on my period." You sit up much more properly now, as he attentively stared at you, waiting for the answer.

"As I've said, I'm just bored and tired." Even though he was nodding, he was still definitely confused. Nothing that he did today could've pissed you off right? I mean, other than officially limiting your access to the coffee machine, nothing that bad.

"Since you're bored, wanna do something with me tomorrow?" Catching your attention quick, you turned to him with a much more attentive gaze, he breathes an internal sigh of relief and opened his mouth to talk.

But then immediately got cut off.

"Oh god is this your way of inviting me to overtime—" You looked at him distressed and ready to leave the chair to only be stopped.

"No— I swear it's not more overtime— Come back!" He called as you slowly crab walked away from him.

"Then what is it boss?" You stopped at the door, leaning onto it.

"Would you like to..." He sat, contemplating how to arrange and put the words he wanted to say together.

"Do you wanna go outside with me? To a party I mean, I can bring another person for the meeting..." He shifted his weight to the left, awkwardly looking away a small smirk settled on your lips.

"Boss, are you asking me to be your date~?" Your voice was teasing as you walked in closer towards him, testing your chances on flustering him even more.

"Lay off on me would you—!? Just give me a yes or a no, if you wanna attend damn it!" With a pout, he turns his head to the side and attempts to hide his face once more, to no avail as you continue to relentlessly tease him.

"Anywho, to answer your question, I'll come with. Formal or casual wear?" Naoya turns on his phone, looking for the instructions.

"Formal, I'll just buy you a dress on the way to your place." He looks away from the phone, looking at you for your approval of the plan.

"Sounds good to me. But what time do I prepare?" Pulling out your phone aswell, you prepare an alarm for yourself, waiting on further info.

"Get ready around 7:00 PM, we'll be off around 8:00." Setting the alarm for 6:00 PM, you shove your phone back in your pocket as he does the same.

"Alright, sounds good to me. See you tomorrow boss." You grin, waving to him and heading out the door.

'Finally, something new for once. I hope Naoya will behave himself while we're in there.'