Chapter 11

"What a gorgeous body you have..." he grabbed a fistful of her hair and inhaled her scent. "The things I want to do to you." She shivered with fear and turned her face away from him. "Talia. A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." Marcus stared at her with his bloodshot eyes, his gaze travelled from her feet up to her face and he licked his lips. "Ambrose has excellent taste in women. Too bad he is gone now." Talia turned suddenly and spit in his face. Under the circumstances it was the only thing she could do to spite him. "Feisty girl! I like that." Talia battled with the restraints but it was no use. Her arms and legs were tied to the bed posts and she was naked. The only thing shielding her naked body from Marcus was a filthy sheet that stank of urine. Being thirty-four weeks pregnant and the prisoner of a psychopath made her anxiety grow a thousand fold. Her baby was all she could think about. Was he okay? Would he be okay after their ordeal was over? Would the nightmare end? She hoped and prayed for it all to be a nightmare, a bad dream she'd wake up from but it was real and everyday it got worse. A month had passed since her abduction but to her it felt like a century. "I wanna see what's underneath" Marcus whispered in her ear as he tugged at the sheet. "I want to taste you" he licked her ear lobe and she felt sick to her stomach. "Imagine I'm Ambrose and you'll really like what I'm about to do" he yanked off the sheet and straddled her.

A clean butcher knife lay on the bed, next to Talia. Marcus grabbed it and waved it in front of her. "This is Bianca. Isn't she lovely?" he grazed her right cheek with the knife. A faint red line appeared. "She is my favorite." He grazed her again. Talia whimpered. "I kid. I don't name my knives, only sickos do that." He grazed her cheek again. "I'm a pretty normal guy. Wouldn't you agree?" Talia shook her head. "Let...me...go. Please." "No can do. You're supposed to be dead but I couldn't just kill you like that. I wanted to play with you first because I'm a nice guy." He flashed her a devilish smile. He moved the knife to her protruding belly. "Even when pregnant you're irresistible." He grazed the side of her belly and watched her face as he did it. The panic in her pleading eyes turned him on to no end. He loved being in control, loved how Talia's life was in his hands. "Why should I care? It's not my baby" he grazed the side of her belly twice. "Don't you think it's better for me to remove this filth inside of you so we can have fun?" her voice broke and her cheeks were covered in tears. "Please...don't" her throat hurt and her face burned. Marcus shook his head. He gripped the knife and made as if to stab her but stopped half an inch from her navel. Talia felt a wetness between her legs. Marcus noticed it and crackled. "Silly girl. Your time hasn't come. Not yet anyway" He threw the knife on the floor, his phone rang fifty seconds later. It was Kevin and he was upset. Marcus detected an undertone of fear in his voice as well, a rare occurrence. The call lasted a minute. "I'll be gone a while baby girl, no need for a sedative today." He jumped off the bed and was out of the abandoned house in under two minutes.

Talia sobbed, her mind drifted to memories of the past, a happier time when she first met Ambrose.

Twenty year old Talia sat on her bed crying her eyes out and as usual Cindy was the one comforting her.

"You can still walk away from him. He made it clear that he won't leave his girlfriend for you. Let him go." Talia's heart refused to let go, she was in too deep. She loved him so much and had invested everything in him. "How can I? I'm in love with him. Someday he'll want me. Right?" Talia said between sobs. Her relationship with Damian took away her happiness and will to live. She felt ugly, worthless and stupid for having fallen for his lies. Deep down she knew he was bad news but his charm blinded her to the truth. She blamed herself for being naïve. Her studies were suffering, her entire life was falling apart and she didn't know how to stop it. She doubted she wanted to.

"He isn't worth it Talia can't you see. He is cheating on his girlfriend with you. He is bad news. There are other guys out there. In fact I'm confident that you'll meet someone today who will take your mind off that scumbag, if you get out of this house."