XIII

---1 month later---

"Aderyn!"

I looked back and saw Mrs. Guila. I smiled at her and hugged her the moment she arrived right in front of me.

"How are you faring child? Here, I baked some pies for you, knowing you, you must've been starving yourself in those unhealthy foods."

I chuckled and patted her shoulders "Ma'am, I am doing alright, I told you that everyone was as welcoming as you, they didn't let me feel awkward at all."

The middle-aged lady just sighed.

"Well if you say so, but if there's anything you need, come to my house alright? I'll be sure to provide you with anything that you need." I chuckled.

"Yes yes, and thank you for these pies!" The lady just nodded and headed off on her way home.

I sighed, it's been a month the time that I left Acrasia Empire for the Vatican. Now I'm living peacefully in the capital of the Vatican City, Calanthe.

Before coming here, I went to a guild to have them make me a fake identity card. It'll be hard for those who wanted to track me down because I am now of commoner status and my name is different.

Now, I am known as Aderyn. Aderyn, a florist...

I settled in a fine home, it was big enough for a family and I have a big yard in front, I planted various kinds of flowers there, while at the back, I have my growing vegetables there.

That's why I only spend a little amount of my money every month because I've been growing my food.

"Phew, I should probably open my shop now." I went inside and prepared my tools for gardening. I was about to carry them outside when someone knocked on the door.

I wonder who is it? I started to walk towards the door and then I opened it, only to be disappointed.

"Your Highness, Grand Duke..."

He smiled "Hi!"

I facepalmed and looked at his bright smiling face. "To what do I owe this visit?" I asked annoyed.

"Hmm? But I've been visiting you though?"

He's right, He caught me red-handed when I was boarding the ship to the Vatican. Coincidentally, he was also to go there to visit his Uncle which was a vessel of the Pope.

"I appreciate you hiding my whereabouts, but if you continue visiting me, there's a high chance that I'll be found in no time."

"Oh, I won't let that happen, from the moment you decided to run away, I make up my mind that I will take care of you and protect you."

I quit, convincing him was too much of a stress for me. I went to the kitchen counter and carried the gardening tools.

"Let me!"

"What!? H-How could I---"

Before I can even protest, he already snatched away the tools from me. He was the first one to go outside as if he'll be the one who will do the job. I sighed and followed after him.