PART 1: Dawning

Comincia dall'inizio

"Why, Yinnn?" My mom asked as I hugged her tightly and smiled widely.

"I got into Chulalongkorn University,maeee!!!"

"I will bring him back!!!" I shouted and gave my mom a deep kiss on her cheek.

∘✧──────✧∘

Today was enrollment day at our university and as soon as I stepped into the university, my heart began to beat rapidly with the realization that all of my years of hard study had paid off, I was now enrolled at one of the best universities in Thailand!!!

And my heart beats faster just thinking about meeting War today. He was still unaware that I had also applied to this university because I had no way of knowing if he still remembered our promise. Nevertheless, I was determined to meet him no matter what. It killed me that I missed him so badly.

"Take care, Yin. Please give mae a call," my mom said with teary eyes. Although my relationship with my mom was still the same as before but I know she loves me and she's also the happiest person when she knew I was accepted into this university.

"I will, mae. Don't worry, okay?"

"Your son is already grown up." I smiled and gave her a big hug.

She rubbed my back. "Please tell him I also miss him."

Mae's words made me speechless. "Mae..."

"I know why you changed, Yin. I'm your mother. How can I not know?" She broke the hug and caressed my cheek, giving me her lovely stare. Of course, I was still shocked as I didn't expect my mom to know about me and War.

"Although I'm always mad at you but I love you so much. Please be happy, my son. I miss your old smile."

As she said that, I gave her a tight hug as tears began to roll down my cheeks. I also miss my smile and that's why I'm here right now. I wanted to get my smile back.

"Thank you, mae. Thank you," I said with a cracked voice.

∘✧──────✧∘

As I carried my bag inside my room, I noticed that my roommate was already there. One room would be shared by two people and I'm sure he's also an engineering student. I saw some books on his study table about engineering.

"Heyyy," I greeted him.

"I'm busy right now," he replied without looking at me and continued to unpack his things.

"Oh okay...by the way, I'm Yin Anan. You can call me Yin."

"Just call me Atid."

I just nodded listening to that. Okay...this was an awkward first meeting. Why couldn't I get a roommate who looked more friendly? This guy looked very arrogant...He doesn't look at me at all. Whatever.

As I dragged my luggage to my bed, I noticed that he had placed a lot of his belongings on top of it. He sort of doesn't care when I stare at him. "Eerr Atid, your stuff is on my bed," I told him.

"I know," he replied briefly, not even standing up to take it.

"Can you take it? I want to clean my bed."

He took a deep breath and then looked at me before opening his mouth. "Can you see I'm busy right now? I'll take it later." He rolled his eyes and continued stacking his clothes in the closet.

Okay...what a bad first day to get a roommate like this...In order to avoid any problems on this first day which wasn't a big deal, I forced myself to smile. He may simply be busy and exhausted, hence he appeared to be an annoying person.