Chapter 22: Doomsday, The End?

They made it to L'Manburg and Scarlet took in the scenery around her. Everything was pretty much exactly the same as yesterday, except the giant obsidian grid that was just above the skyline. How the others hadn't seen it yet was beyond her, but she figured everyone was simply distracted. Techno looked over to the others, surrounded by all of his dogs and smiled maliciously.

"So 25 minutes? Phil, get into position." Techno said, looking at all of his dogs.

"Yeah, 25 minutes. Good luck to the both of you, this is the day we destroy everything!" Dream said, then looking at Scarlet.

They were all invisible, as to hide their names from the rest of the people on the server, but somehow they didn't get each other confused. Techno was going over the signal with Phil one last time and Scar and Dream made their way over to the spot where they would get up to the grid. The chaos didn't take long to start once Techno made his presence known to the L'Manbergians. Once that happened, there was a lot of blood shed from both sides, well mostly dogs on the one side since Techno wasn't about to die.

"Scar, go to the other half and start setting up the redstone like I showed you. We can get it done faster with both of us." Dream said, snapping Scarlet out of her trance.

They had been making really good time with the Redstone devices, until the withers were spawned in. Dream was fine with them, since his invis kept them off of him. Scarlet on the other hand had forgotten about the potion, and a wither made quick work of her vulnerability. She was knocked off the obsidian grid, into the chaos below. She messaged Dream, telling him to finish her half of the grid before running into L'Manburg, trying to find someone she knew.

The first person she found was Ranboo, who seemed to be fleeing from the fight. She ran over to him, grabbed his wrist, and pulled him into a cave nearby.

"S-Scarlet? What are you doing here? We still had 30 minutes!" The poor boy seemed so conflicted and confused with everything going on. "Techno gave me my book and let me go. He told me to escape. My friends though... They are dying left and right. Even if they respond, they-"

"Ranboo, listen. I don't like this either, but we can't stop it now. Techno is right, you should leave. Dream is about to drop the equivalent of a nuclear bomb in TNT." Scarlet said, pulling him into a quick hug. "Talk to Phil, after this is done. He will help you."

"Okay, thank you Scarlet. Be safe please. Tommy is going to be around the Van, it's his safe place here." Ranboo said, knowing that would be her next stop.

"Thanks Ran." Scarlet gave him one last hug before running out of the cave and watching him run the other direction.

She ran straight towards the van, well what was left of it. The withers were spawning faster than the others could kill them, and they were pretty much on every member of the SMP at the moment. Scarlet had little hope of finding Tommy, especially since he'd probably be fighting.

She was right as she saw Technoblade jump into a hole and one shot her friend. She winced at the action and looked around to where he spawned in at. Finally she locked eyes on him running back to retrieve his things.

"Tommy! Wait! You can't go back!" Scarlet Yelled attempting to stop him.

"Stay away! Stay the fuck away from me!" Tommy shouted in anger.

Scarlet saw the signal from Dream that it was ready, and a few seconds later everyone realized there was nothing they could do.

"TNT! It's raining TNT!" someone shouted from a crater.

"What? WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK?" Tommy shouted coming up from the crater. "L'Manburg! No!"

Tommy and Tubbo stood on opposite bridges, while Scarlet stood in the middle on a simple wooden pillar. The two looked so defeated. There was absolutely nothing they could do to help their home.