Chapter 8: The Storm

A/N This is a LOOONNNGG Chapter. It was over 2000 words and I almost split it into two parts, but there wasn't a good place to do that. So enjoy it since it probably wont happen often. Also its very much based off of the original lore, and a lot of it is direct quotes from the events at some point, so most credit to the DSMP content creators! 

If you enjoy this you should interact with the book by voting or commenting so I know it real people reading. I'm starting to convince myself I'm the reason its  having views because I go back a read it so uhh, prove me wrong! Love y'all!

Maybe if the two teens weren't under Dreams mind games they would have seen these events coming earlier. They were too distracted though, setting up for the party. They did all  the themselves. Decorations like lawn chairs, umbrellas, lanterns, a big table for snacks and drinks, they even collected all the ingredients for a cake! So you could imagine the disappointment they both felt when everything began to fall apart.

The party was planned for sunset, so when the sun started setting the two ran over to the portal and waited with huge smiles on their faces. Tommy was so excited for all of his old friends to pop out of the portal and pull him in a big group hug, to prove that Dream was wrong and that they all still care for him as much as he cares for them. Scarlet was excited to finally meet Tommy's friends, and to maybe even make friends of her own. Eventually the sun set, and it rose again, before finally the smile slipped off of the girl's face. No one was coming. Even Dream didn't show up, the one person who has always been here didn't even bother to come.

Scarlet looked to Tommy, who had lost his smile long before her, but he still stared longingly at the portal. They both felt disappointment, but for such different reasons. When they went to turn back and call it for the day, the portal started making the sounds of someone traveling through it. They looked to each other before spinning to see who would come out of it. The joy and curiosity didn't last long, because they were both met with the porcelain smile that they saw every day.

"Sorry I'm late, the king needed some help with important matters. Why are you both here and not at the beach party?" Dream asked looking between the two, his mask hiding the growing smirk of satisfaction seeing their head drop simultaneously.

"No one came." Tommy muttered, looking in the direction of the party. "No one came to the party because no one cares."

Tommy's expression turned to furry, he stormed over to the location the party was meant to be held and glared at the decorations. "None of my friends care about me anymore! They abandoned me! They couldn't even take a couple hours out of their 'oh so precious'  time to come and hang with me!" He shouted, running over to the chairs and tipping them over. He picked up a couple lanterns and threw them towards the rocks, watching the shatter to pieces. He kept at it until everything was broken, and Dream and Scar just watched, not knowing exactly what to do to calm the boy down.

When every last trace of the beach party was destroyed he dropped to his knees. He wasn't crying, since he knew the attention was fully on him still, but he was so done with trying. He was tired. Finally, Scarlet walked over and knelt beside him, pulling him into another hug. This time he didn't fight her one at all, he melted into the comforting heat. Dream looked at the sight and almost felt guilty... almost

Truth is, Dream is the reason no one showed up, he took the invites from Ghostbur and threw them in the lava while walking home through the nether. He then proceeded to tell L'Manburg of the party, but told them Tommy said he specifically didn't want anyone from the country there. He went on about how the child decided that they hurt him more than anyone ever had. Tubbo was heartbroken, Ranboo had expected it but was still hurt, and the rest of L'Manburg seemed to simply accept his request. Dream had purposely ruined the party to finally break the children, and it seems like the plan worked. Without a second thought he walked over to the two kids and sat beside them.