Chapter 4: The Voices

Those words were all Scarlet could think about. They kept repeating over and over in their head. 'You've been missing for 3 years...." they couldn't believe what they heard from him. The End Palace was gone. Everything and everyone is gone. The Ender Dragon made the travel too dangerous, so the portals were removed and destroyed. She is missing 3 years of her life, she's 17 but has the memories and knowledge of a 14 year old. She has no family, no home. Scarlet is an orphan from a completely different world than theirs.

After Dream dropped that bit of info on the poor girl, he left. He decided he didn't have time to deal with the emotional turmoil she was bound to go through, so he left Tommy and Ghostbur to pick up the pieces of the lost princess. In the meantime he went back to the DreamSMP castle to plan out the next steps of his plan. Now not only did he have Tommy, but the Princess from the End. She would no doubt be useful in his plans considering the secret he knew about her family and the other survivors.

Meanwhile, Tommy and Ghostbur were running around the shell shocked child trying to find things to snap them out of. Ghostbur found many blue things, Lapus, Blue dye, corn flowers, he even tried introducing her to Friend. No matter what he tried her sadness wouldn't be cured by the ghost's favorite color. Tommy had a different idea. He found some books in her pocket that were almost falling out. Of course being the sneaky thief he is, no time was wasted as the boy grabbed it from her. He read the first few pages and realized it was just a book about their world. He smiled and ran out of the log circle to the grass fields nearby.

Tommy pulled a carrot out of his inventory and found a nearby pig. The picture of the pig in the book was surrounded by markers and highlighting obviously done by a fascinated child. As Tommy led the pig to where Scarlet was sitting and then threw the carrot into their lap. This made the pig run over to her and practically jump into her lap. The weirdest part was, when he touched them, the pig lost all interest in the food discarded by their leg, and instead was staring into her purple eyes. He made happy oink noises and got very close to her face until Scarlet snapped out of the trance and blinked a couple times at the pig.

The first thought that went through the girl's mind was, what is this creature invading my personal space? Then when she focused on exactly what the situation was, she smiled at the animal and reached out to pet its head. He happily leaned into the attention and Tommy still watched in fascination.

"Scarlet, you found your Friend! That is what Friend did with me, so I dyed him blue and now he follows me!" Ghostbur said getting face to face with the blue sheep, how made a sheep noise right back at him. The connection with animals wasn't foreign to Tomminnit, and he found himself thinking about his cow from a long time ago, Henry. Of course Sapnap managed to rip Henry away from Tommy in a horrid way, but he was happy for his friends and their pets.

Scarlet rubbed her eyes and began to stand up but she was quickly back to a sitting position. Her thoughts were still rushing through her head, and she kept hearing some voices commentating on the situation around her.

"You were abandoned'' -''You're an orphan" -"Blood for the Blood God''- "You should eat the pig"-"Name him Bacon, Irony"-"The child is starting again"-"Stab the child"

"Find Techno, He'll love you."

"Yeah he loves orphans"

The voices in Scarlet's head made her zone out again and hold her head. She bagan mumbling responses without even realizing it, until one response caught Tommy and Ghostburs attention. "Who even is Techno? And that sounded very sarcastic..."

"How do you know that name?" Tommy said getting very defensive and grabbing a hold of his iron ax. She was meant to be unconscious for 3 years, there is absolutely no way she would know the name Techno. She also looked like a more human version of Ranboo to Tommy, and that guy was stealing his best friend so he didn't trust him at all. Maybe he got connected too quickly. He began realizing how little he actually knew about her.

"They said I should find Techno, that I'm an orphan and Techno loves orphans... They also said I should name that pig bacon for irony." Scar said looking at the pig who seemed to still be mesmerized by her. She left out the murder parts and the blood god thing... She didn't want him to think she was psychotic. Though Tommy seemed to realize what was happening. The shock and panic made her vulnerable... the voices got to her somehow, just like they did to Techno when he was younger. Tommy never was told what the voices would tell his brother, but what he didn't know was that they could infect others as well. It seemed weird that they got to her so easily though. It didn't make much sense to him.

"Techno most certainly does not enjoy orphans. They lied to you. Techno is where me and Friend travel sometimes! I can take you there!" Ghostbur said, floating over to her. This also got the attention of Tommy, since when did Ghostbur know where Techno lived?? Tommy was getting very annoyed at both of the people standing in front of him so he scoffed and turned around, walking straight to Trent and not looking back.

"Ghostbur, I would love to meet Techno. I mean, even if he hates orphans, I'm not confirmed as an orphan... My parents could have escaped. I'll take that wish to my grave or until I'm proven otherwise. Let's go!" Scarlet said standing up, gently placing the pig on a lead and walking him over next to Ghostbur and Friend.

Together they gave Tommy a farewell wave and then headed in the direction that Ghostbur claimed was Technos retirement home.