Chapter 29

Daryl groaned when he woke up five minutes later. The arrow in his side stung as he forced himself to sit up. The hunter glanced around squinting. To his left was a large cliff that towered over him, barely shading him from the harsh sunlight. And to his right he could hear water. But the pain in his side became to much Coupled with he pain in his leg from Shane's bullet. He was unconscious in minutes.

—————————————

Morgan sprinted after Shane into the thick of the woods. Daryl wasnt responsive enough to answer him and Shane was somewhere up ahead with a gun. In other words he was pretty much screwed.

"Shane man, I know your out here. I know you can hear me. What exactly do you think your doing?" Morgan asked. The forest was silent. Nothing but the soft rustling of trees. Then from off in the distance he heard a voice. "I'm gonna get back what all of them stole from me." Shane said. Morgan glanced around and tucked himself behind some trees. His finger on the trigger as he called off into the darkness. "And what did they steal from you?" Morgan asked. If this man was going to act like an unsub than thats what morgan is going to treat him like one.

Then he heard it. A rustling use ahead of him to the right. The sound of barely concealed footsteps. "They stole my family from me. Rick came back and took Lori and carl away. Then spencer and I where on the porch and he wanted me to change Henry. I got up and did that and when i got back daryl was on the porch next to spencer and he had Henry. He was going to steal them from me just like rick stole Lori. i had to shoot him. You know i did. I only want to protect my people." Shane said. Morgan could pinpoint exactly where Shane was now. The man had foolishly stepped into the middle of the clearing. The man glanced around is surroundings.

A small hill stood to the right of him. He just had to make over behind that tree when Shane wasnt looking. But first he had to destabilize the man. "Shane, you never held Henry on the porch. Remember?" Morgan stated. Trying to throw shane off. In that moment he risked looking out from behind the tree. Shane was turned to the side not he couldn't see morgan from where he was at. The agent watched as shane gripped his head and slouched over. "No, no, NO! I was holding Henry I know I was, I knew, do I know?" He rambled into the air. Morgan quickly stepped around climbed the hill. Shane to busy with his distorted mind to notice.

When morgan finally made it to the top shane had gone eerily quiet. He was facing away from the small hill and he stood in the middle of the clearing. Then he started talking. "I never sat down with spencer on the porch, did I?" He asked. Morgan could hear the strange amount of clarity in the mans voice. "No, you didn't." Morgan said clearly. He could hear shane shuffling around. Then shots fired and footsteps sprinted away. Morgan looked back to the clearing and saw shane was gone.

"Shit!" He exclaimed angrily. The base of the tree trunk knowing his fury. The bastard ran and he had to get back to an injured man. With one last glance back he sighed and ran back in the direction of daryl.

Only when he got there daryl was now where to be seen.

————————————— (1 hour earlier)

When daryl woke up again he did so with much more clarity. Or adrenaline? Either way the walker chewing on his boot gave him a spurt of energy. Daryl shot up and kicked the walker away. Only to have to smash his foot into the side of its head repeatedly. He turned and looked up at the stone wall next to him. He had to get himself out of this pit. But most of all he had to stop this bleeding and stablize this arrow. Quickly he tore his flannel off and tied it around his waist, locking the arrow in place.

Then came the bitching part. He took a deep breath and grabbed some vines, pulling on them to test the stability. With a wince he hoisted himself up and struggled to find footing to keep going. But he did and soon he was halfway up the wall. Then he heard the tell tale groaning from above and within seconds he found himself right back where his started with another walker at his heels. "Fuck!" He swore. Struggling with the walker. He held the biting teeth away from himself as he tried to grab for his crossbow. It was too far. With no other options daryl grit he teeth and grabbed the arrow. He gave it a firm yank and promptly shoved it through the walkers eye.