Chapter 27

The funeral to Spencer felt like a blur of people saying sorry. It was getting darker and colder outside and spencer just felt numb. Like each and every emotion he felt that day was the last time he would ever feel again. The only true constant was daryl. His warmth at Spencer's side. Spencer knew he had the others. Hotch, garcia, Morgan and Emily all would help him through this but they all shuffled around to do their own mourning by the time night fell. A while ago Lori approached spencer and asked if he wanted her and rick to take Henry for the night. Spencer could only manage a slight nod. And then he just kept standing there watching Rossi's stone. Daryl let him for a while but when it truly got dark out he gently managed to pull the emotionally exhausted man away from the grave. But while they where walking past the house spencer froze. "Hey daryl. Could you come with me for a sec to check on Sophia and carl, I feel like Ive been neglecting them." He explained. Clutching daryls hand and keeping his eyes trained on the ground.

Daryl nodded and allowed himself to be tugged toward the house. The two walked up the stairs with ease and soon where opening the door to sophias room. The girl was still nocked out. And it was a definite concern as to what they would do if she ended up in a coma. But for now she was breathing and had color in her cheeks. So it was enough. At least for them. Spencer reached out and brushed some blonde hair from her face "I know you can do it sweetie. Wake up soon." He said. Standing he turned to daryl and the two left without talking. When they got to the hallway it was dark and quiet. Most already in bed at this point. Spencer really wanted to go check on carl but a soft tug from daryl was all it took to get him out the door and walking toward the small tent daryl had pitched on the hill.

"Its weird." Daryl stated. Spence looked toward him, a question in his eyes. Daryl sighed. "Your being real quiet. I dont like it. I like when you talk." He said. Spencer could only give him a small smile. The two again started walking up the hill and stopped just short of the tent. Their breath coming out visible in the autumn air. Daryl unzipped the tent and gently guided spencer to sit on the small makeshift bed in the corner. "You know I have my own tent I can sleep in, right?" He asked the hunter. "I know." The man answered. Refusing to elaborate. Daryl closed the tent and turned to face spencer who was taking his shoes off.

Said genius was staring down at the ground. His mind racing to fast to comprehend a single thought. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. Rough and weighted, but so so comforting. Spencer looked up, recognizing the deep blue eyes of the man he was coming to love. The look in them was unfamiliar though. Something deep and longing. It made spencer ache. The hand on his shoulder gently pushed him back onto the bed and leaned over him. Spencers hand reached up and cupped the man cheek pulling him into a deep kiss that left them both breathless. "We should get changed." Daryl said. Spencer could only nod. He stared on as daryl stripped his shirt. Admiring the the overworked mucles of the mans back. Then Spencer's mind came into focus when he registered daryls scars. Long and painful across the taller mans back. He shifted to stand as daryl took his pants off.

Daryl only flinched slightly when he felt gentle fingers tracing his back. Then he relaxed. "You dont gotta worry bout them. Was a long time ago."daryl explained. Pulling a pair of sweats out of his bag and stepping into them. "I know." Spencer said. He wrapped his arms around himself and looked to the ground again. Daryl quickly grabbed a sweatshirt and tossed it at Spencer's head. "Snap out of it and get changed. Its late." Daryl said. Spencer pulled the shirt off his head and rolled his eyes at the man. "Rude." He muttered softly. Earning a soft chuckle from daryl. The younger of the two pulled his shirt off and slipped the sweatshirt on. It was warm and smelled like daryl. It was nice. He slowly slid his pants off and looked to daryl who was already under the covers. "You gonna lay down or what?" The man asked. Spencer shrugged.

Then daryl sat up and quickly wrapped an arm around Spencer's waist to drag him down into the bed. All but holding the younger man down as he wrapped the both of them in the heavy blankets. Spencer struggled weakly, not actually trying to escape. "You know I was just about to lay down right?" Spencer asked. "No shit, I just wanted you here faster." Daryl explained. Pulling the shorter of the two closer to his chest. Spencer relaxed into the hunters chest and took a deep breath. Strong fingers carded through his hair, coaxing him into a comfortable sleep.

——————————

It was only a few hours later that spencer woke up with a scream. Daryl shot up next to him and pulled the sobbing man into his chest quickly. Trying his best to give the poor boy some stability.

The two didn't end up sleeping very well.

(A/N) I was wondering if anyone would like a sort of reverse to this story. Like if daryl and the cast of the walking dead where set in Spencer's universe. I feel like it would give me more opportunities to write fluff and some more lighthearted romance for those who aren't fans of angst. What do you think?