Ch. 4 Decisions

WARNING: this chapter contains angst, violence and uncomfortable situations. Reader discretion is advised.

-

"The meeting went well?"

Kylo nodded, just coming back to give the councilwoman his farewell at the loading dock. He sat down silently, helmet in hand. "You'll be happy to know she is more than willing to accept our helping hand."

"Good." Hux said, placing a hologram pad on the table in front of Kylo. "Our little insider has more information, if you liked to hear."

Kylo waved his hand in confirmation. Pressing a button, up popped Colonel Cate, her hands behind her back. Delightful to be told more about how easily this foolish authority could be taken down was a feeling Kylo could want to experience as long as he lived. The monster thrived off of it.

"Good evening, General." She began, a look of annoyance already telling the room the contents of the message. "Might I start off by saying that the head of this establishment is a complete waste of time and resources. You can say I've gone nearly mad from all the fodder this idiot has been spewing at me for the past week."

Kylo huffed in agreement. That makes two of us, he thought.

"With my personal emotions out of the way, I have gotten a hold of Sillin's schedule for the upcoming days. If I am correct, and with approval, we may have our moment to strike very soon." She confirmed. "The outline has been sent right away. I will be prepared for your response."

The hologram disappeared. Kylo was amused. He had never seen a plan go so much in the right motion. Invincibility was within reach. "That was terribly easy."

"Their trust in us really is laughable." Hux replied, pulling up the plans sent. "But I think I would too in desperation."

Kylo felt a twang in his chest. Trust in a corrupted being and one with good intentions were different. It takes no time for the corrupted to easily swallow trust into themselves and twist it to betrayal. It fueled their power to spread itself. He knew that situation too well, and had played this familiar scene many times. Had he been any normal person, he may have had some guilt over it.

What nagged Kylo was that of your trust.

It was kind of pathetic to have you spill your thoughts to a complete stranger. You had confided in him your desires and infiltrated another part of you that was closed off to everyone else. Even if it was a ploy for another step up. Hints of shame poked at him like needles. He took your trust and manipulated it, just to get to you.

But imagine it, he thought. Someone just as powerful as him, by his side, sharing the galaxy with one another. An unstoppable duo of chaos. Oh, how he would present you as his example of perfect creation. He couldn't lie when he said you were like starlight. In every bit you were, and Kylo would do whatever it took to burn you even brighter.

-

Trust no one, you were told by the Supreme Leader. So how could you trust him?

You paced in your room in complete silence, gathering your thoughts best you could. Whatever transpired in the Messenger stayed in the canals of your brain. After the revelation of "hope" with the Supreme Leader, there were unspoken instructions to keep the contents of the conversation completely hidden.

Whatever that was, felt fucking amazing.

For a split second, the world was at your fingertips, giving you the courage to do anything. Remnants still echoed in your body, which was why you were still up and moving at this late hour.