The Beginning 🦋

~~

Irene and Greggy have always wanted a daughter, and they've been gifted with two beautiful boys, Alfonso, the eldest, and Luis, the youngest.

Greggy owns multi-business companies as is the current Chairman of PhilWeb (PSE: WEB) and the Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Araneta Properties Inc. (ARA) in the Philippines among many other things, while his two sons quickly followed in his paths in running their businesses, mentoring them on how to oversee at a young age. Irene is a musician by trade but generally a loving wife to Greggy and a mother to her children.

Longing for their child's presence as they already have built their own lives and careers, What a surprising blessing came to their family after many years of praying and waiting, Irene became pregnant, and the couple is overjoyed and hoping for a baby girl.

The Marcos-Araneta family was elated to learn about the pregnancy and the baby's gender, as their years of praying were finally rewarded with a girl among their eight grandchildren, who were all boys.

After a wait of nine months, Irene gave birth to a stunning and healthy baby girl named Alana Yara Victoria Marcos Araneta – a historic first for the Marcos-Araneta lineage, as she is the first girl in the family.

The family wholeheartedly embraced Alana, considering her their beloved princess, and showering her with an abundance of love. Just a week after her birth, Yara's grandmother Imelda decided to throw a baptism celebration, attracting numerous well-wishes and gifts from various individuals eager to extend their warmest welcomes.

Even at just a few months old, Yara was the center of adoration and care within the family. Imee, Bong, Liza, her brothers, and cousins showered her with protection and affection. Imelda consistently spoiled her only granddaughter with gifts, while Irene and Greggy humbly accepted the overwhelming love, recognizing the extraordinary love and blessings that came with their daughter.

As Yara continued to grow, her presence became a beacon of joy and unity within the Marcos-Araneta family. Her infectious laughter and adorable antics had a way of bringing smiles to everyone's faces. Whether spending time with Imee, bonding with Bong and Liza, or being doted on by her brothers and cousins, Yara was surrounded by a circle of unwavering support and affection.

Imelda's enthusiasm for spoiling her cherished granddaughter knew no bounds. Every visit brought a new set of gifts, toys, and little trinkets that only added to Yara's ever-growing collection. Irene and Greggy marveled at the deep love and attention their daughter received, feeling genuinely blessed by the familial bonds that had been further strengthened through Yara's presence.

The family gatherings took on a renewed sense of happiness, as Yara's milestones became a reason for celebration. From her first steps to her playful giggles, each moment was cherished through countless photographs and heartwarming memories.

~fast forward~
one year later

The buzz of excitement filled the air as Yara's first birthday preparations swung into full gear. Everyone had a role to play, contributing their efforts to create a picture-perfect celebration befitting their cherished baby girl. The air was filled with excitement as friends, relatives, and well-wishers gathered to honor the beloved little princess, a testament to the love and joy Yara had brought into their lives.

The venue was adorned with enchanting decorations, a perfect blend of elegance and playfulness, reflecting Yara's bright spirit. A lavish cake, fit for royalty, stood as the centerpiece, capturing everyone's attention with its intricate design.

Yara dressed in a miniature princess gown, captured hearts with her infectious giggles and curious eyes, as she playfully explored her surroundings.

Irene's POV
My little Victoria, my bubble of joy, can't we just hold onto this precious moment a bit longer? And keep you as this adorable mini-me of your mom? You are our greatest gift, who added a whole new dimension to our lives, and I can't imagine a world without your laughter and presence. Happy 1st birthday, my sweet girl, my little Irene. [holds Yara close, snuggles, and showers her daughter with kisses]

Greggy, beaming with pride, cradled his daughter, their unica hija...

Greggy's POV
From the instant I held you, you stole our hearts. Now you're in the safest place in the world even more safer than when you're with me, your dad. We fell head over heels for you and the joy you bring with your laughter and warmth. You'll forever be our Yara bear, our precious daughter.. Daddy loves you so much, my bear.

Irene approached her husband and their daughter. Greggy tenderly caressed their little girl's cheeks while Irene held Greggy's hand, wrapping them both in a loving embrace. They stood there, their eyes glistening with tears, struck by the swiftness with which time had passed, and the overwhelming love that had filled every moment.

In that heartfelt moment, the room seemed to quieten, and time momentarily stood still as Irene and Greggy exchanged a loving glance, their unspoken emotions echoing between them.

Irene: [whispering] Our little girl is growing up so fast.
Greg: And yet, every moment with her feels timeless. [gentle smile]

Irene: She's our greatest gift, isn't she?
Greg: [nodding] Without a doubt, my love. Our memories with her have been more beautiful than we could have ever imagined.

Irene: Thank you for being by my side through all of it. [squeezing his hand] and for being the most wonderful husband and father to our children
Greg: [squeezing back] Thank you for bringing our children into our lives and making our family complete, for making every day an adventure worth cherishing, my uno.

With a shared smile and hearts full of gratitude, they turned their attention back to Yara, their little miracle, who had brought an abundance of love and meaning into their lives. Together, they stood, surrounded by family and friends, ready to embrace the future and all the precious moments it held.