Chapter 3

"Where is the Grand Duke's office?" 

"On the third floor to the right, Princess." Jian replied.

I nodded and left the room to find the Grand Duke's office. I don't consider the Grand Duke or the Grand Duchess as my parents, not after what they've done. I don't understand, how can they forget their eldest daughter? They don't deserve to be called parents. 

When I reached the office, I knocked on the door three times.

"Come in." Came a calm and stern voice.

I opened the door to the office and almost screamed in shock! The Grand Duke looked like was in his early 20's and he was very handsome. He had silver-white hair and the same cyan eyes as me. 

"What is it Cali?" The Grand Duke asked in a soft tone.

"I want to go back home."

"I don't understand. This is your home." The Grand Duke said in confusion.

"No, it's not. I want to go back to the country side. I don't like it here in the Capital." I said.

"I thought you wanted to say here? After all, you did step outside for the first time to visit us. Plus, you even said it yourself that you wanted to stay here."

I shook my head and replied, "That was before."

The Grand Duke frowned.

"Is this because Deira pushed you into the lake? Me and your mother already punished her by taking away her allowance for a month if you weren't aware."

"No, this is not because of her. I simply feel like I don't belong here and would rather go back to my real home."

The Grand Duke shook his head regretfully and said, "I'm sorry, Cali, but I can't let you go back to the country side. You're going to have your debut in society when you are 16 and it would be a hassle to have you come back then. And don't you want to get to know your siblings?"

"No, I don't. Please, send me back to the country side. I won't bother anyone. I will live quietly so you won't be disgusted with my presence."

"No." The Grand Duke said with a glare, feeling annoyed.

"Fine!" I yelled before turning on my heel to march out. 

I opened the door to the office and before I slammed the door, I spat out, "It's Calista not Cali, Grand Duke."

I thought I was the Grand Duke's eyes widened in shock and sadness but it could have just been my imagination.