Chapter 1

Being surrounded by his mates, Dec had always felt like the last pick. Of course, collectively, they were all a catch, but when you picked them apart, person by person, he was always the last option. Girls would throw themselves at Mason, constantly engulf Chilly's presence and with Jack, well, Girls may as well just drop their underwear there and then the way they acted. It didn't bother Dec most of the time, it only ended up being an issue when he would see a girl he liked, his type, and she would end up throwing herself at one of the other lads.

"Mate, c'mon stop with that sulky face! You need your game face on Lad!" joked Mason. Dec knew Mason was right. He couldn't sulk about that one girl not wanting him when there were always girls there, wanting him, coming on to him.

The main issue Dec had was whether these girls were here for Declan Rice number 41, West Ham Captain, England Star, or if they were there for Dec, 23 years old, likes playing FIFA and makes an incredible spaghetti bolognaise, if he does say so himself. Since Lauren and him split up just over a year ago he has had to find his feet. Dec had never been single during his main football career until now, so it was trying to find what he wanted and who wanted him.

Dec scanned the club while the boys were each enjoying the attention they were receiving, thinking how he could slip out and head home. This really wasn't for him tonight, Dec didn't drink so being surrounded by lots of drunken people, with no inhibitions, just wasn't fun for him. But this was their normal hangout when they got together at least once a month!

"Boys, I need to make a move. Does anyone want a lift home?" Dec asks, knowing the answer will be no.

Unanimously the answer is of course no. Mason is currently chatting to a couple of lads who are fans of Chelsea, discussing current form and upcoming matches, Chilly is stood between 2 girls while they seemingly stroke his ego and Jack has his arm round a girl while she giggles and plays with her hair, whilst keeping eye contact with him.

He made his goodbyes and then made his way to the car. The cold March air hits him all over and he wraps his arms around his body whilst swiftly walking to the carpark next door. Trudging up the stairs to Level 2 where his car is parked, he can hear partygoers revelling in the streets, couples heading back to their cars after a date night and people finishing shifts in the busy London City.

As he approaches the double doors to lead him to the forecourt, he spots a lone female figure stood at the car next to his with her phone to her ear and a flushed expression on her face. The girl was wearing a black tight fitted t-shirt with an ineligible logo on it, with a black skirt and converse on her feet. Her shoulder length brunette hair was pushed back with a headband and her hands gripped tightly on the open car door

Dec approached his car and smiled towards the girl, who gave a slight weary smile and continued pressing at her phone and placing it at her ear.

"Sorry, I don't want to impose but are you okay?" Dec asks the girl.

"No, I'm not really could you help me?" she replies.

-----------------------------------------

This is the start of a story about the incredible Declan Rice, currently watching him boss the England team!

Please let me know your opinions and I will hopefully add a chapter once a week if not more frequently!

Lx