Chapter Two

Chapter 2

I woke up and looked around. I had fallen asleep on the couch and Monster was still laying on me. I sighed and picked him up, laying him back down when I got up. I ran my hand through my hair, walking into the kitchen to get some coffee. I then heard the sound of little paws walking into the kitchen. "Hey buddy" I said, smiling  while looking down at Monster. I then went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I was going to hang out with Kent and Vince today. I smiled and pulled my hair back and put my sunglasses on. I said bye to Monster and walked out, getting in my car. I got to Starbucks and waited for them to get there, sipping on my coffee. I smiled as I saw Kent stroll in, looking cool like usual. He sat down and smirked. "Vince isn't here, so is this like a date?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow. "In your dreams" I replied and saw Vince walking in. "Hey" I said to him and he smiled. Just then my phone rang and it was Chief Lewis.

"Yes sir?"

"There's a meeting today in an hour on different situations. Be there"

"Yes sir."

I hung up and told Kent and Vince the news. They sighed and groaned like babies. "Shut up, do I have to remind you who is in charge of the force?" I asked a little too seriously. They both put their hands up in defeat. "You're waaayyy to into this cop thing.." Kent said and I smiled. "Yeah and I can kick your ass any day" I said, watching his face get red as Vince erupted in laughter. "Okay that's enough" Kent snapped and we both stopped laughing.

I walked into the meeting room at base and took my seat. "Okay everyone, I'm glad that you could make it. Today, we are talking about different situations and how we would react to them."

"Tara, you're in a building and hostages are in different rooms, what would you do?"

"How many people are on my team?"

"7"

"How many rooms?"

"3"

"I would send two in one room, three in the other, and two with me. If there are many hostages, we would use more care."

I said, used to these kinds of tests. "Good" he said and he went to the next person, asking them another question. "You all have given me good answers. The only thing that I have left to tell you is that we will have a new guy joining our force" "WHAT?!" I yelled, snapping my head towards the Chief. "We haven't had anyone new in two years! Why are we getting someone new?!" I yelled as the chief glared at me. "Tara! As a Commander you will not raise your voice! You will care for him as you care for your other men!" He yelled and I laid back in my chair. I watched as a medium size man walked into the room. He had jet black hair and a strong build. He walked to the front of the room, looking directly at me and smirking. "Lieutenant Brian, that is your Commander, Commander Jackson." The Chief said pointing at me. I stood and walked over to him, holding out my hand. "It's nice to meet you" I said and he took my hand and shook it. All of a sudden the chief cleared his throat and we looked at him. "Some guys are robbing the bank on 21st street, get your ass's over there now!" He yelled as we all  quickly went into action. 

I got changed and into my squad car, speeding away to 21st street. I got out and loaded my gun, waiting for my team that was only seconds behind me. Looking into the window, I found four men with masks pointing guns at people, finding two more were in the back trying to get the safe open. I looked at my team who was lined up, waiting for my orders. "You, you and you go through the back and find a way in. Radio me when you're in. Take the guys in the safe out first. The rest of you are with me." I said and watched as they dutifully went to their assigned positions. I waited for two agonizing minutes for the men to tell me what's going on. "The men are out." My men said and I sighed in relief. "Good, we're going in" I stated and nodded for the men to follow my lead. 

I got close to the door and looked in. "Okay, I'm going to open the door, you are to stay down and I will make the first move." I said and I opened the door, turning my radio off. I got behind a desk and looked over it, looking at who the weakest guy would be. I quickly got up and fired my first round. "Shit!" I yelled as the bullet hit him and he just flinched. They were wearing bullet proof vests. I quickly yelled "Aim for the heads and legs, there's vests!!" I yelled. My team sprang up and out of the corner of my eye I saw lieutenant Brian running at one of the men. "No!" I yelled because he wasn't wearing a vest. I dove as a bullet hit me in the gut and I fell to the ground. Even though I was wearing a vest it still hurts to get hit. He stood there shocked as a fire fight erupted inside of the bank. "GET OUT!" I yelled and he fled for the door as I dove behind a desk. I looked and dove at a guy that was close enough to me. 

He tried to grab me but I hit him in the face. He was dazed but I could tell something was wrong. He was on drugs. That means he could not feel pain. "Shit" I said as he flipped me so that he was on top. He punched and I couldn't get away fast enough. His fist hit my lip and I yelped in pain. I kicked him off and stood up, wiping the blood off of my lip. He swung and I dodged it, tackling him. We went through a desk and finally onto the floor in front of a woman in her 20's. She looked terrified as I tried to get the drugged man under control. He kicked me off and I fell to the ground with a thud. I quickly got up and turned my radio on. "Sir, the men are drugged and won't cooperate." I said and he immediately responded "kill them." I tackled the man again, hitting him repeatedly in the face but he couldn't feel it. He hit me once more in the eye and my vision started to get blurred. I stumbled back and he tackled me into another desk. I yelled in pain as he hit me again. I grabbed his arm and bent it, breaking it in the process. He yelled in pain and tears were forming in his crazed eyes. I grabbed his head and smashed it into the glass and the people that were standing outside held their mouths open in shock. His head cracked the glass and I let him go, letting him fall back onto the floor; blood spilling from his head. I looked at him as he tried to get back up but it was too late. It took one hit from the back of my gun and his eyes closed and would never open again.

I looked around to see one robber that had a man in his arms and was yelling at my men. I knew immediately that he had taken a hostage. "Fall back!" I yelled and they stopped shooting. The man that was taken hostage looked terrified. He was probably cashing a check from work when this happened. I looked at the man with the gun and walked towards him. "Don't hurt him" I said calmly and I put down my rifle. I ordered my team to the the same and they did. "Don't move" the man said with a thick foreign accent. We didn't and the man kept backing away towards the back exit. He then threw the hostage to the ground and took off towards the back door. I darted after him getting my hand held gun from the back of my pants were I keep it out of sight. The man turned onto an alley way but I was right behind him. I opened fire and six bullets went into his back. The man fell and died instantly. I walked back to the front of the bank and got escorted to an ambulance to see the cuts on my face. I had a black eye and a busted lip. After they were done examining me we had to go back to base.

I arrived back and changed, thinking about the two men that I had killed. I had killed men before but I always felt bad after it was done. I had ended their lives. I was immediately angry. I stormed out and found lieutenant Brian in the Chiefs office. I didn't even bother to knock. I stormed in and pushed him into the wall. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? You could have gotten us killed. On this force I'm the one in charge and you do not use physical contact! Why did you even come?!" I yelled and his face looked terrified. "I.. I... Didn't mean to.." He said and I pushed him harder into the wall. "You didn't mean to?! That's bullshit! If you ever do something like that again you're off the squad, do I make myself clear!?" I yelled and he nodded as I let go of him and he quickly left the room. I looked over at chief and he didn't have any expression on his face. "Tara, you're tired. Go home, get some rest, you have the day off tomorrow. Killing people is hard, I know. You're mad and he did slip up, but he's new. Give him some slack." He said and I knew I didn't have a choice "yes sir" I said and walked out, heading home.