"Yours has grown a lot as well," Akeno comments. "I'll have to let Rias know we're leaving but she shouldn't have any issue with it."

"Why does she have to know?"

"I'm in her peerage, and if she doesn't know then she'll start to worry. I won't be long, and she won't know any of the details." I finish up and Akeno looks in the mirror. "Thank you Y/N. You can just wait here for me." She teleports away and I look around her room. Everything is pretty basic and there isn't much in terms of decoration, but I suppose there is nothing wrong with that. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a picture frame, and inside of it sits a picture of Akeno and me from when we were kids. Next to it is the two of us with Shuri and Baraqiel, and as I look them over I put my hands together and close my eyes.

"Osiris, please watch over their souls until I can do it myself. Protect Akeno and me through our journey as I pray that no harm and conflict comes to us." I hear Akeno appear behind me and I turn to look at her.

"Were you praying?"

"I'm not a devil, I can do that." Akeno and I head outside and start our walk to our destination. "If everything goes to plan we should be back by nightfall."

"Good thing I don't have school today."

"Do you enjoy doing that? I couldn't imagine sitting there for an unholy amount of time every day listening to some crone go on about something that doesn't matter."

"It's not that bad, aside from all of the guys staring at me all the time." I feel my eye start to twitch.

"They're lucky I haven't met them then, they would be dead. They haven't tried anything, have they?" Akeno shakes her head. "Good, so I'd only have to feed them one of their testicles."

"You don't need to be so overprotective Y/N, I can take care of myself."

"Last time I heard something like that a purple-haired harlot took you out of the sky. Speaking of which, your lightning should have been strong enough to murder almost all of them." Akeno looks away from me. "You've been slacking, haven't you?"

"I'm a busy person," Akeno responds defensively. "Between school and devil work I don't have much time for myself. I didn't get to spend almost a decade killing for sport as you did." I turn away and continue walking. "I didn't mean that Y/N."

"You did a little bit, and I can't argue with the truth. You weren't born with the same natural talent that I was, and I've been forced to grow and adapt much more than you have. If you want to get stronger your safest bet is to work with me. You already have the motivation to beat me to hell, and the light power behind your attacks wouldn't kill me like they would your friends."

"If it wasn't for you I don't think I could use that side of me." My gaze returns to Akeno. "You always protected me when people talked badly about it. If you weren't there to tell me it was okay then I don't know where I'd be."

"You shouldn't think about it like that. You and I both know you're a strong woman Akeno. Hell, with what you've gone through you're stronger than anybody I've met, even me."

"You don't mean that."

"What makes you think I don't? Just be more confident in yourself and your strength and you'll be able to get as strong as you want." I reach over and take Akeno's hand. "If you need to air your grievances I'll be your punching bag as long as I can handle it." Akeno starts smirking.

"You're signing up for a world of hurt Y/N."

"I'm looking forward to it then." I let go of Akeno's hand and we begin walking again. "You know, if we started running we could get there in a couple of minutes. If you want I could carry you and we could get there even faster."

"You think I'm not going to be able to keep up with you?" I take off and try to get away from her but Akeno starts to catch up with me. "You'll need to do more than that to outrun me Y/N."

"I was just curious if you would actually try." Akeno starts running ahead of me but I close the distance and pick her up. "You don't even know what direction we're supposed to go, you should probably let me run ahead." After another minute we reach a nearby point to where we're going and I stop to let Akeno down. "Stay near me as we go in, there might be a bit of trouble."

"Okay." Akeno walks near me and we approach the walls surrounding where we're going. Two people jump down from the top and land in front of us.

"What are you two doing?" I activate my Sharingan and the two of them fall to the ground.

"I've got a feeling that we're not going to be able to get there as easily as I was hoping."

"Where are we?"

"A place called Konohagakure. This is where the Uchiha were slaughtered by my dad. He left his brother alive, but I have no idea if that's still the case. Either way, we won't be here long enough for sightseeing." We arrive in front of a building and I push the door open. "This is it. We're about to learn the secrets of the Uchiha, as well as the way to fix my sight." I close the door and Akeno and I head down a set of stairs to an open room.

"This is incredible," Akeno says. We walk over to a stone against the wall and I notice Akeno struggling to read it. "It's like it's in a different language." I activate my Sharingan and start to decipher it.

"So it turns out the Sharingan was an ability granted to us by some sort of god, but I'm unfamiliar with the name. There are some parts I still can't read on here, but I wonder if that means there is more than just the Sharingan." I take a step back as my eyes return to normal.

"Something just occurred to me." I turn toward Akeno. "If you're about to go blind, how did you fight Riser?"

"Carefully. I'm stronger than he is, but it didn't make it easy. Once my sight is back to 100% I'll be ready to go at my full potential again." I press against a hollow part of the wall and feel it start to shift. Once the path is open Akeno and I walk inside, but the sight causes her to gag.

"I think I'm going to be sick."

"Wait out there if you want to, it's only going to get nastier from here." I walk over to the table against the wall, multiple pairs of eyes staring up at me as I analyze them. "If I've done the proper research I'll have to pick from someone who is blood-related to me, but there aren't any like that here." I see a single pair of eyes that contain the Mangekyo, the label before them reading Obito. "This is my only chance, let's hope that this works."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize that this leaves a bit of a plothole in Naruto but I'll retcon it in the next part. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop