It's A Royal Thing [VMIN]

Start from the beginning

Once he reached the door to the ballroom he sighed. It was already alive with music, alive with tedious people he’d need to talk to. He took some deep breaths to try and center his mind. ‘I will not laugh at the ugly dresses and ugly makeup’ he thought to himself as he shook out his arms. 

Namjoon and Seokjin were waiting for him. Namjoon looked wide eyed at his lack of crown and pulled his and Seokjin’s off their heads.

“You don’t have to do everything I do, dweebs.” Taehyung said fondly.

“Yeah, but you’re the eldest.”

“We’re supposed to follow your example, hyungie.”

Taehyung whacked the back of their heads before he pushed the doors open. A few people looked up to them but with a wave of his hand people went back to talking like nothing had happened.

“How are you so nonchalant about all of this crazy shit?” Namjoon said under his breath.

Taehyung smiled to his younger brother. “Namjoon-ah, it just comes with the job, go on, chat amongst yourself. I know you can make conversation with at least eight lords before mummy and daddy come down for their entrance.”

Namjoon smiled, “Is that a challenge?”

Taehyung caught a champagne flute from a passing waiter and smiled. “Oh, of course it is.”

He pat Namjoon on the back as he walked off and downed his drink.

He then looked to Seokjin. “And dear youngest.” he gave him the glass, “Drop this over at the rinse station and I won’t tell the parents or Namjoon that you’re at the desert table all night.”

Seokjin smiled and gave him a salute, quickly cutting over to the sweets.

Taehyung sighed to himself and wandered into the dance floor. He accepted bows from people around him and smiled wide when his youngest cousins ran up to him, each wearing a sparkly masquerade mask.

“Dance with me TaeTae!” Said one, “Won’t you?” said the other.

He took the two girls' hands and started twirling them around, a wide smile painted on his face. His uncle came up not much later to greet him and ask how his practices had been going. He insisted his best was dancing, but only when it was with such fine partners.

He always loved his little cousins. A single smile from them made him feel as though his day was complete.

He looked up as the clock struck nine exactly. The large doors were pulled open and his parents stepped in, hand in hand.

They took a bow and stepped out to the dance floor to formally begin the ball. 

This is where Taehyung was supposed to either run around looking for Jimin or go sit on his throne and wait for the other to come find him.

Jimin, Park Jimin was his full name, was a Prince from the Southern end of Korea, Taehyung was one from the East. They were supposed to have their first meeting at the ball. 

Truthfully, it was an engagement party. Taehyung knew that for sure. He had a ring sitting in his pocket that weighed about a hundred pounds, but maybe that was because it was going on a stranger’s finger.