Kyle immediately flies upwards through the tree branches and up above, the sun was lovely on his feathers. Floating high into the air and following his eyesight at the path in the trees ahead of them, noticing the trees had scratch marks on them.

"Up ahead, scratch marks on the trees, it may have been around here recently"

"We got a track, lets go" Cara says as they all run towards the said trees, where there was bark missing, pokes and scratches ran 8 feet upwards.

"Wow...this stag is huge..." Alyssa said in awe of the markings, sniffing at them with a happiness Kyle had never seen her express before, she must really be in her element he thought.

"Yes, it'll take more than just us if we wish to take it down"

"Should we follow its scent?" Zayne asked his mother as she shakes her head, Kyle flying in circles above them waiting for an order.

"We should split up, Zayne, Alyssa and Kyle will go left and see if the tracks lead anywhere, while me and Adrian will follow the trees, maybe it circled back to confuse us"

"Yes, alpha"  all of them say in unison as the group splits in two, leaving to track down the stag.

Alyssa was pretty happy, the stag smelled interesting to her, like a cold juniper berry in the snow, nothing like anything she had smelt before. While Zayne was walking behind as she followed the scent, Kyle's wings were beginning to get tired as he swoops in on Zaynes large head and sits peacefully on his fur.

"Ahhhhh this is nice~" Kyle sighs lightly relieved.

"Yeah, though I never expected you to be able to change your form...I didnt even know witches could do that~" Alyssa chimes in, turning her head back for a second to smile.

"It is cool...though it would've been cool to see what your wolf form looks like" Zayne thought as Kyle thinks it over.

"Well, I'm nowhere near done with the book, I feel like I might never finish it if I'm honest"

"Why not? look at all you're learning already, its really impressive, mum always told us about Mags and how much goes into protecting the sanctuary...she always said it was intense but I never knew all the things you guys could do was so....so wild!"

"You're in a good mood today~" Kyle said and as he does she shakes the accusation and focuses the scent again.

"Eh, she gets like this on most hunts, she just likes the forest and wont admit it~"

"Shut up, I'm trying to focus"

Alyssa, back in prime concentration, follows the scent  through another brush into another smoggy area, the vines beginning to get more clustered and wet as the ground gets slushy, the wolves now in ankle deep water.

"Ugh, this mist is blocking my nose, Its up to you Kyle, reckon you could do some recon ahead and give us a heads up?"

"Sure"

Kyle jumps from Zayne's head and zooms through the trees and vines, his flying exceptional and thought out, the mist did make his feathers feel damper than usual but nothing too bad to weigh him down. And as he soars he suddenly hears something, flapping stationary in the area as he surveys the area.

Hearing the noise again.

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuggghhhhhhh"

It was a deep groan of pain, it sounded familiar but he didnt think it could be what he was thinking. Investigating, he swoops onto a tree nearby the source of the noise, and to his surprise, it was not what he was expecting.