He was a small sliver into it aside from the skips he made that night, that spell now ingrained like the last.

"Maybe that wouldn't be bad, so long as we do it towards the forest"

He skips further in the book to the slicing spell he used that night, stopping on the exact page and smiling.

"Yeah, It'll be fine" Kyle reassures himself, joining the kitchen with his head deep in the book as he passes Cara and Alyssa.

"Brew here Kyle" Cara smiled passing him the mug of coffee.

"Thank you, just put it there for me~" he said, head in the book as Cara looks around confused.

"Where?"

"Oh sorry, Suggestum~

He points his four fingers and circles them in the air next to him as a small coaster like platform appears, a purple-green platform sprouting from them and floats peacefully around him, Cara cautiously places the mug on it as it floats back towards Kyle, who grabbed it unfazed, sipping it lightly before placing it back on the floating coaster.

"That coffee is amazing as always" Kyle says to Cara, who shrugs off the magic and turns back to what she was doing as Alyssa smiles deeply at him with an approving nod.

"That was probably the smoothest thing I've ever seen you do"

"Thank you also~"

Kyle leaves the kitchen and walks into the front room with the floating mug of hot coffee flying just next to him, dodging any obstacles and not spilling a single drop.

Shaun spots him and rolls his eyes.

"God you learn a few spells overnight and now its all you do~"

"Look at my floating coffee and weep little bro~ we're still trying to figure out why you cant cast anything yet"

"Its not a big deal, its not that cool" Shaun said with a blank expression making Kyle laugh.

"Sure thing big guy, maybe you should be the one teaching me" he said sarcastically, reaching for the coffee as the coaster swerves right into his hand with ease. Grabbing it in another sip.

"Can you teach me that?"

"Sorry kiddo, this spell is for adept witches only, until you've learnt at least the candle spell the book doesn't recommend pushing your limits...like at all"

"The book is slowly becoming more of a bore by the second"

Kyle shakes his head with a smile, place the book flat between their crossed legs on the slicing spell page.

"Oh...you're wanting to teach me that?" Shaun looked hesitant to learn the spell as Kyle shakes his head.

"I though about it, but i though at least showing you would ease you into it"

"It looks dangerous"

"it is, when i did it, it was because I saw you in trouble...it felt like it only worked because i knew he was going to kill you...and I really wanted to kill him too" Kyle said gravely, making Shaun's eyes twitch with uncertainty.

"It didn't feel like my arm was the blade, its like I am the weapon itself, I felt the urge to kill him fuelled the spell and it was my decision to choose whether or not I would..." 

"But you didn't"

"I know...which had me wondering if there was the smallest part of me that pitied him...it broke the line for me...so I chose to cut his hand off instead"