Chapter 24

Mia POV

I was playing with my dollies when my bubbas came upstairs.

"Come on. Dinner is ready." Ro-Ro said while reaching for me.

I, of course, obliged and ran into his arms giggling.

"Did you have a fun day?"

"Yes!" I say clapping my hand with excitement.

"Okay. You have a lot of energy tonight." Ro-Ro chuckles

We get downstairs and he puts me down. I immediately see Tony and run up to him. He leads us into the kitchen where everyone is already sitting. He placed me next to Marcy and William.

Once we all sit down, dinner begins. People start coming out and placing the food on the table. I was talking to my bubbas when Tony comes and picks me up. 

"Come on little one. We have to finish our dessert." He says while throwing me in the air. 

I start giggling like crazy. We are in the kitchen and I see some of the other boys also in the kitchen finishing the desserts. We all went back into the dining room and had the staff bring out all the desserts on plates for everyone. 

I am not quite sure what everything was, but each food has a letter to it.  Apparently we are supposed to circle on a scale of 1-5 which ones we think are the best. I start nibbling on each of them and WOW. Some of these people don't know how to bake. 

I was eating I think a cookie, but it was all burnt and I had to spit it out. 

"Whoever had the almendrados, you are a disgrace." Abuela says while glaring at the plate. 

"I thought you knew what everyone baked?" Lucas said 

"We had the staff organize this for us. We wanted to grade without bias." Nonna replies 

And with that we continue eating the desserts. My grandparents all go to the kitchen with the staff as they collect the points to decide who won. 

"Okay. We have tallied up all the points and the winners are-" Nonna said 

"Wait let me say it please!" Nonno said cutting her off 

"You did not just interrupt me." she replied glaring at him 

"Anyways... the winners are FRANCESCO CLAN!!" Abuela says 

With that all my brother ran to me. They lifted me up on their shoulder saying I was their good luck charm! YAY!! I got passed to each brother each giving me lots of hugs and kisses. 

"Congratulations baby." Mama says taking me from the boys. 

Mama was so comfortable and smelt so nice, I started getting sleepy again. 

"I think the adrenaline of the day is wearing off." I hear a voice say. 

"Agreed. I am going to take her up." Mama replies and I feel her moving. 

"Mama..." 

"Shh. Its okay. Just go back to sleep" she replies rubbing my back and changing me into my pjs. 

Francesco POV 

Today was a great day. I was a little nervous about the events and how Mia would cope with all these strenuous activity, but she handled it like a champ. I am really grateful  that my parents and in-laws pushed the yearly gathering. It is fun having everyone here and especially with Mia being back. 

"She is out cold." Maria says entering the living room where we all migrated to afterwards. 

"I'm sure she is. Little one had a blast." My dad said.