Chapter 20

Mia POV
"Munchkin, you need to wake up now." I hear a voice calling out to me.

Then I started to shake. Oh no. The aliens are trying to take over my family.

"Mia, there are no aliens" I hear someone chuckle.

I start moving around and I look and there is Leo standing over me with some clothes in his hands.

"Good morning."

"Morning" I mumble out before stretching my hands out to him.

He picks me up like a good boy and starts taking me downstairs.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Mmmhmm."

"Still sleepy, huh?" he says while rubbing my back

I just snuggle into his neck.

"Leo, I told you to wake her up! Not put her back to sleep." I hear someone say. Then I am being passed to someone else, smells like Mama.

"Little one, come on, wake up. I have strawberries and waffles for you." I hear Mama say as she is placing me into my booster chair.

I love strawberries! They are my favorite fruit! I always eat them with any meal. Who knew something so sweet and delicious could ever exist! I'm munching on my breakfast when I see the rest of my brothers come in and peck me somewhere on the head. It's sweet and all, but sometimes a girl just wants to eat in peace.

"Mia..."

I hear someone call my name, but I began to space out thinking about if aliens did exist and would they be nice or mean. I want them to be nice because humans can be pretty mean, but maybe not.

"MIA!"

I snapped my head to where I heard my name being shouted.

"Y-yes" I reply while looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. You weren't replying earlier and I couldn't get your attention. You are not in trouble." Mama says while coming over to rub my back.

"N-no, I sorry. Should've l-listened." I say leaning into her touch.

"It's okay. No worries. What I was trying to say earlier was that it is nice outside and I thought you, Santi, and Enzo could do some art until nap time. How does that sound?"

"Art?" I ask while tilting my head.

"Yes, drawings, coloring, anything really. Enzo loves art and he can show you."

"Hmm. Sounds fun!" I say while clapping.

"Great! Finished?"

I nod my head.

"Okay. Let me wash you off real quick and then you can go out, sí?"

"Sí."

"Mia, come on out. We have coloring books and bracelet crafts for today!" I hear Enzy say as I make it out of the sliding doors.

"Can I have blank paper, please?"

"Sure, what do you plan on drawing?"

"Surprise, duh."

"Okay, then." Enzo replies while sticking his tongue at me. So childish.

I am drawing a picture of my family. I look over at Enzo and see he is drawing on this really fancy book. I wonder what it is.

"Enzy, what you drawing?"

"Surprise, duh." he replies.

How rude.