Chapter 6

Mia POV

I woke up hearing beeping noise next to me. I looked around and it seemed that I was in a bed with stuff in my arm. The room seemed to be quite white and bland. As I was looking around, a women with a coat came in.

"You're awake. Hello. I'm Dr. Rue. How are you feeling?"

I just blink at her. Doctor? What is that?

"Hmm. Are you feeling any pain?" She asks

I just nod my head no.

"That's good. Officer Roger and your mother should be on their way" she says once again. I think she was waiting for a reaction.

"Um... o-o-okay." Is all I managed to get out. It looked like she was happy with that and exited the room. But before she left, she turned on the tv playing a kids show. It's a pig. It seems oddly familiar.

As I'm watching the show, someone else comes in that isn't Rue or Danny.

"Hi there squirt. I'm just dropping off some food" as the person enters then leaves once the put the tray down.

Food? Why do I keep getting fed? I have already ate this week? Maybe this is an award for being a good girl?

I decided to eat some of the food. But I don't know exactly what it is. I see the thing called strawberries and start eating them. Then I see a small sandwich and some crispy looking stuff. Then there is a cup of some brown stuff that look like jelly. I decide to try a little bit of everything.

I love the strawberries and other stuff in the bowl. Sandwich is okay but I'll eat it. Then the crispy things taste a bit salty for liking. The brown stuff was weird so I just licked it then stopped.

I decided to wait until some else came in to ask what is happening. The doctor said Officer Roger and my mom are coming but I don't know who Roger is and I don't have a mom. So she must be confusing me with someone else.

Maria POV
I am so nervous. What if it is my little girl that we have all been waiting for? Will she be happy? Could she remember us? She was only one when she was taken but possibly.

I decided to drive instead of having my driver. I needed to think before I got there. Luckily, I got a drive until I make it there.

If she is our daughter, I'll feel quite bad about not telling my husband, but I can't watch as he continues to get his hope up to only be let down again.

I decide to call my second in command to make sure everything is running smoothly and to lie to my husband if needed. They of course told me everything was fine, but the mission I just sent Diabolo on is going to take longer than expected. So we most likely won't be in touch with them for a bit. Hopefully that gets taken care of soon.

I am finally here. At the hospital where my suppose daughter is. I take a deep breath and decide to head in. I go to the front desk and ask for Officer Rogers. They told me he's on his way and got delayed. To which I just decided to wait as I do not know what her name is.

Eventually, this man looking around my oldest son's age comes in and asks if anyone has asked for him. They point him to me. Therefore, he is Roger.

"Hello, Mrs. Bianchi?"

"Yes, Officer Roger?"

"Yes. So sorry, the station needed my help, but that's besides the point. If you can follow me we can discuss information about Mia"

"Of course. I understand that you already did a DNA test; however, my family and I have experienced one too many people faking them. So, I would like to have another one done and sent to my private hospital."

"Yes ma'am, but I assure you there was no tempering  with the the testing. Here is the doctor working on Mia's case" I just nod my head.

"Hello Officer Roger. And you must be Mia's mother?"

"Supposedly, Maria Bianchi" I shake her hand while trying to look through the room to see if I can spot Mia. I think the Officer told her something.

"Um... okay. So Officer Roger told me that you would like another DNA test. That is possible. I can fax her information to your hospital of choice. But I would like to discuss with you Mia's status. If you do not mind." I just nod my head. Then I see the Officer heading to a room while I follow the doctor.

"Okay have a seat. I just sent the information to your hospital and depending on the process. We should have the result fairly soon. Do you have any questions before we start?"

"No." I don't mean to come off cruel or cold, but I have also had my hopes be brought up to only be let down again. I cannot get attached to the idea that my daughter is only a few rooms down from me to only have her be another stranger.

"Okay. So when she came in she had a lot of cuts throughout her arms and legs. I'd say they were inflicted about in the last day or two. However, the cuts seems to be cleaned by someone before she got here. So there are no infections that could be detected. She did have to get some stitches in her head and legs. She seems to have a mild concussion most likely by a something like a bottle being slammed into her head. She also had a lot of bruising throughout her stomach area. I assumed she got kicked there due to the amount of bruising. Luckily, there was no internal bleeding. She has been extremely malnourished for what I can tell and will need to go on a strict diet to get her to the weight and height of a 5 year old. Physically, she should make a full recovery. Mentally, she may experience PTSD from past experiences but I cannot tell as she hasn't been to keen on talking and have only had for a short period of time. Questions?"

Wow. My baby has been going through all of that since she has been gone. All I can do is just sit there and take everything in. I know whoever harmed her this will be their undoing. I know I said I cannot get attached but I have a gut feeling that it is her.

"I see you are processing still. So, I'll let you wait here while I check up on my other patients. Hopefully by then we can get the DNA results back."

I just nod. And she leaves the room. I'm still in shock and realize I should've brought my husband. But I must wait til I get the results which with how much money I put into that hospital to get the most advanced tech gadgets in medicine the results should be here soon.

—-
Thoughts?

Don't worry. They will be meeting each other in the next chapter

Hoped you enjoyed.

Remember comment and vote (I really appreciate all the reads and votes I have been receiving. Thank you!)

Happy New Years (Eve)!! Hopefully, this one is better than the last!

Until next time...