Chapter 22

Third Person POV

The adults watched as their children got in their little huddles doing last minutes exercises and game plans. All of the parents were smiling knowingly at their children. They all looked at each other before going to their own families helping with tweak any last minute plans. Because no matter how mature they may act, they are all still competitive as fuck and will be damned if their children lose if they could've prevented it.

From their departure, it left the grandparents watching their families on the stage. Yes, stage.

"Amelia, do you know the events for this year?" Elena asked while observing everyone.

"Unfortunately, no. That daughter of mine barely tells me anything."  Amelia replied shaking her head at her daughter.

"Right, they didn't even tell us about Mia. I don't know where we went wrong raising them." Elena replied dramatically.

"Only God knows. Maria! Come over here!" Amelia yelled needing the details.

"Yes?"

"We need the details of the events if we are the referees and judges." Amelia responded.

"What do you mean? I already it gave it you. Both of your husbands came and got them from me before dinner started. " Maria replied confused.

"SAL!"

"LEW!"

They both shouted. The men knew that Maria just ratted them out.

"Hon, we have it under control.-" Sal replied

"Plus, you never asked and we need to start the games to stay on schedule." Lewis said as he walked to the microphone.

Leaving both of their wives fuming.

"Okay, wrap everything up and get into the assigned spots." Lewis said through the mic.

All of the parents wished their children best of luck as if they didn't just threat disownment if they lost. All the children walk to their assigned color as they await instructions.

"Okay. We are about to start the first event but before we start I will go over today's schedule. We have already had breakfast and we are about to start the first event after that we will have a break that will include lunch and nap time for Mia. Then once she wakes up we will start the 2nd and 3rd event being back to back and possible snack if need be. After that, everyone will freshen up before dinner. We will eat dinner and whatnot, then announce the winners. Reminder to all. This year will be different as points will not be stated. Okay?" Lewis said.

He received nods in response. 

"Okay. The first event... The Obstacle of Doom!" Sal screamed as he pushed a button to reveal the course.

Mia POV

Obstacle of D-doom? That sounds scary... I don't know if wanna play anymore.

"Babes, what's wrong?" Leo asks in a soft voice picking me up.

"D-doom... d-don't w-wanna" is all I am about to stutter out.

"Ceci, I promise you that it is nothing scary. All Nonno meant was that it may be tricky and not easy. Plus, you'll have me and everyone else around you. We would never let anything happen to you, right?" He says comforting me.

"r-right." I say hiding my head into his neck.

"Look, that doesn't look scary, right."

I look over and see the course. There seems to be a lot of components but the things that look familiar to me are water slides and rock climbing . I haven't been on either, but both look really fun. Plus, everything is in a bright colors.