Breath Before the Plunge

Clementine's POV

When I turned the shower handle, I half expected the soft drizzle to wake me up and everything that just happened was just make-believe.

Today did not feel real, it felt like a dream.

I have never had a sleepover before, at least not with friends. It wasn't an actual sleepover, I realize that but it was the closest I've ever had and it was great. I think it's one of my favourite memories. I haven't laughed that hard for a while. I wish it never ended or that I could do it all over again. I learnt so much just from one game of Never Had I Ever.

I still can't believe Violet has been in a fight.

Not that I thought she couldn't hold her own, she just didn't seem like the fighting type but she also didn't seem like the running type either. She was somewhere in the grey area.

I wonder what else I didn't know about Violet. I wonder what her favourite snack is and what she does during the summer. What's her favourite movie and what was the song that always gets stuck in her head?

I just wanted to know more...which reminds me why I've never had proper friends before. I'm a horrible person.

What kind of friend gets feelings for someone who is taken? Why can't I just be grateful that we're friends? Why is that not enough?

The soft drizzle stops and breaks my train of thought.

I look up to see that the water has stopped by itself. Fiddling with the handles, I wrench them in different directions but nothing emerged from the showerhead. How weird.

Suds of shampoo begin to roll into my eyes. Quickly, I swipe them away and reach for my towel...What the hell? I grab for it again and lean further to the clothing rack. Even so, my towel was not there. I swear I remember draping it there when I first came in. I do it every single time. Maybe I was too giddy and dropped it carelessly without realising?

Sighing, I kneel to scour among my clothes however they had also disappeared. Even the shirt I was just wearing was gone. I came here and locked myself in a shower stall with a handful of my toiletries and now they had all vanished.

Was this a prank? Was someone pranking me?

What was going on?