076. "i don't wanna paint this town alone"

Start from the beginning

Bao Bao nuzzled his face into her hand before he let out a squeak of understanding and began to scramble out of the Great Hall with speed.

Lucia turned her gaze back to her bow of cereal and picked up her textbook for Care of Magical Creatures: Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them, starting to read it to the pass the time, unbeknownst about the students that slowly gathered in the hall for breakfast.

She broke away from her thoughts as she heard a series of familiar voices creeping her way. She rose her head from her book and bowl of cereal to see Hermione, Ron, and Harry. All three took a seat across from her. They had seemed to be in deep conversation as they tucked into their eggs and bacon.

"But he can't really think we'd continue Care of Magical Creatures!" she said, looking distressed. "I mean, when has any of us expressed... you know... any enthusiasm?"

"That's it, though, innit?" said Ron, swallowing an entire fried egg whole. "We were the ones who made the most effort in classes because we like Hagrid. But he thinks we liked the stupid subject. D'you reckon anyone's going to go on to N.E.W.T.?"

She frowned. "Not true. I love Care of Magical Creatures and I'm one of the people that will be taking it for N.E.W.T as well," said Lucia, her voice unappreciative of their words.

"Well, yeah, that's because you're you," Ron muttered, stuffing his face. "And you'll probably be the only one in that class anyway,"

Lucia huffed before raising her book to smack Ron's hand from the food in front of him. He retracted his hand, whining in pain.

"Oi!" Ron whined.

"Serves you right," said Lucia with a scoff.

"What's with you?" inquired Ron.

"Never you mind," she rolled her eyes.

"So, you're thinking of taking Care of Magical Creatures, are you?" Hermione said amused as Lucia beamingly nodded at her.

"I've dropped Divination because I don't need Trelawney to antagonise me again. I'm sick of that," said Lucia. "I'm taking all of the core classes, of course and for the electives, well, I decided all the same, only I've thought of applying for Ancient Studies to replace Divination —"

"I thought you hate studying!" said Ron.

"Yes, well, I'm also people-pleaser and have slightly high expectations of myself sometimes — well, most of the times anyway," said Lucia. "But this is one of those time where I want to try!"

"I didn't even know there was a subject called Ancient Studies," said Harry.

"If you two bothered to even read Hogwarts: A History," Harry and Ron groaned at Hermione's words, "You would know about it."

"You're practically a library already, why would we go all the trouble just to find some random facts!" said Ron.

Hermione narrowed at Ron reproachfully, however, did not go into their usual bickering as she continued, "Ancient Studies are a special electives that focuses more on ancient magic like ancient Egyptians' spells. Its an optional subject that most rather not opt for, but some like Lucia do. Though, they are only taught if there is a sufficient demand."

Harry and Ron stared blankly at Hermione; face screwed in confusion.

"This why we rely on you, 'Mione," said Ron.

"It's Hermione, Ronald," said Hermione. "And I honestly sometimes wondered how you two were able to even get O.W.L.s in the first place."

"By hard work and copying off of your notes," said Harry, Hermione scowled. "Cheers, Ron,"