❪ 𝟬𝟯𝟭 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪       THIRTY-ONE    ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 when the first bomb fell only a few feet away from him

     𝐓𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 when the first bomb fell only a few feet away from him. He stood there for a moment, feeling the heat on his skin in shock as the stench of burning smoke tickled his nose. It wasn't until the second bomb dropped — only minutes after the first — did everyone in the area start jumping into action.

     The surprise faded to fear in his little chest when everyone around him started to run and scream.

Teddy pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and looked around. Where is Peter? Where's Mae?

     Peter had gone to the bathroom. He had been gone for five minutes prior and now the only thing separating Teddy and the direction Peter had gone was a ring of fire and panicked people.

He couldn't go that way. The nine-year-old took one step back and was knocked off his feet by a swarm of people.

     He couldn't see above the crowds. He couldn't hear beyond the gunfire and screams.

     "Mae?!" His voice carried, a panic rising in his chest when the gunshots grew louder, deafening, "Mae?! Peter!" He looked around, no one, nothing, "Aris?! Sonya!"

     A hand curls into his shoulder, and Teddy flinched. Minho looked more worried than ever above him, his eyes scanning for injuries as he dragged the little boy away from the crowd.

     "Where's Mae and Thomas?!" Minho screamed.

     "I don't know!" He sobbed, "I-I can't find Peter."

     "Don't worry, we'll find them!" Newt responds, crouching down over a pile of water cans, Frypan firmly on his other side.

     "Hurry! Ammo!" Vince screamed out, standing on the back of a truck with a large machine gun. Harriet and Sonya weren't far behind, Aris loading guns behind the truck, but it made Teddy's stomach churn when he noticed Peter wasn't among them.

     They were closing in.

     Mae felt her chest tighten when she turned to the hillside, her eyes wide in fear at the sight of Brenda's tent.

It was on fire, pulling apart without a single person in sight. Thomas skids to a stop beside her, his hand curling into her sleeve as he pulled her away from the flames.

     "Brenda?!" Mae's voice carried, tone cracking with fresh tears as she scanned the area, "Brenda?!"

     A hand slaps into Mae's back, and the pair turn around to see Brenda's panicked expression, shaking her head, "You dumbasses!" She says, dragging them away from the tent, "Are you trying to get yourselves killed?" She asked.