❪ 𝟬𝟮𝟭 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  SECOND ACT
❪         TWENTY-ONE      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SHE MOVED SILENTLY BETWEEN MINHO AND FRYPAN as they lead her down a few corners and toward a room where loud conversation could be heard

SHE MOVED SILENTLY BETWEEN MINHO AND FRYPAN as they lead her down a few corners and toward a room where loud conversation could be heard. She felt a wave of shyness wash over her when Minho pushed the doors open to reveal a room filled with teenagers around her age, chatting away and eating.

     She had never seen so many diverse faces of boys and girls before — another reminder that she truly was far away from the Glade.

"Here," Frypan voiced, handing her a blue tray and motioning to the line along the wall.

Awkwardly, Mae joined the line of people, her eyes sweeping around the room once more. Her eyes land on Newt, who looked paranoid as ever beside Winston and Jack. The Brits hold eye-contact and she smiled softly when Newt's shoulders sagged at the sight of her and Minho.

"Where's Thomas and Teresa?" Mae asked them. She hasn't seen either of them since they did the testing, and from the looks of it neither of them wanted to be alone surrounded by lab coats either.

"Haven't seen them since they poked us up with needles," Frypan responds, grabbing an apple as the line continued. "Doc's didn't let us get a good look at them."

"Thomas is getting interviewed by that guy," Minho adds in. "Saw him for a split second before that Slinthead closed the door."

"So you don't trust him either?" Mae hummed in agreement. "I thought I was going crazy."

"He's definitely sketchy," Minho agreed.

Frypan shakes his head, "Got fresh clothes, edible food and a place to sleep. Best be grateful." He reminds them. "Long as I don't have to cook for you rabid animals I'm good."

"Oh! I forgot to mention!" Minho speaks up, leaning over Frypan to talk to Mae, "All these people are from their own Mazes! All showed up around the same time."

Mae frowns at this, hesitantly plucking food on her tray. It was an array of sandwiches, fruits, veggies and snacks — warm meals like mash potatoes and meats that made her mouth water. Her hand lands on what seemed to be the last mini chocolate cake. She didn't remember the last time she had one, or what it taste like.

She must've miscalculated her step mid-thought, and crushed down on the heel of the teenager's shoe in front of her. The person turned around, a sneer on his face as he looked down at Mae. His was taller than her, almost 6'5" in comparison and he smelled like morning breath and a pee blanket. His teeth divorced three houses apart.