❪ 𝟬𝟬𝟭 ❫

˚ ༘✶₊˚.                         ⊹ ˚ .  FIRST ACT
❪         ONE      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

  FIRST ACT❪         ONE      ♥︎    ₊˚༢࿐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MAE TOO SOFT TO BE A GLADER. That was now the first thing that came to mind when thinking of her. It had been only a few hours into her new life, and she had already cried four times. Nick and Alby had never soothed a cry female before, so you can imagine how awkward it was when she sobbed into Nick's chest over his explanation of what the Blood House was made for.

He simply patted her head like a dog, while Minho told her to suck it up if she wanted to eat.

That earned him a punch in the shoulder from Newt, who took it upon himself to care for the girl the second she stepped in the Glade. Only a handful of them seemed to be patient with her at the moment, and the blonde was one of them. Newt overlooked her overly sensitive, doe-eyed behavior.

He didn't know why he cared so much about protecting Mae. It had only been a few hours. Newt didn't know her, and it wasn't like they had much in common beside their similar accents but something in the back of his mind told him that he needed to.

As if he had done it so many times before.

Besides, Newt knew it was simply her way of coping, and he'd be damned if he let someone crush her optimistic spirit──much like the Maze was doing to them.

It was easy to see, within the few hours of Mae being there, having a girl in the Glade was a lot of work.

Looking past the too much crying and her odd conversation starters, Mae was a wanderer. And a very dangerous one.

Nick almost had a heart attack when Mae drifted off towards the Maze entrance only seconds after he took his eyes off of her. Both Minho and George had to carry her by her arms and legs away before she wandered inside and the doors closed.

Newt and Minho wanted to be the ones to give her the tour, looking back, they were glad because they'd honestly lose her in seconds.

Then, on the way to towards Homestead, Mae ran straight into Winston, Keeper of the Slicers, causing him to stumbled over a pile of freshly skinned meat he was putting away. This made the boy freak out──causing Mae to freak out too and before anything could be said they both started yelling.

Overall, Nick had to rush her away from the barn in a panic before she started sobbing over the dead animals inside again.

Another thing the boys realized was that Mae could talk someone's head off once she was comfortable. She was't quiet, observant yes, but the girl seemed to love trying to make friends. ( but none of these boys were exactly the social chatty type.)