The Magnificent Seven

Start from the beginning

Bobby and I recoil from the increased stench. "Bobby, what the hell happened here?" Sam asked. "I don't know." Bobby replied. "Check for sulfur." I said, and we started investigating the room. Dean hears a noise out front and whistles quietly, then signals to us that he's going to go check it out. Sam, Bobby and I circle around the other direction.

Dean exited the house cautiously, gun drawn, and looks around. As he comes around the house he is knocked to the ground by a man with a shotgun. A woman comes up behind him. I gasp when I recognize who they were.

"Isaac? Tamara?" Bobby asked, as he and I walked over to greet them. "Bobby. (Name). What the hell are you two doing here?" Tamara asked us. "We could ask the same." Bobby said, as he shook Isacc's hand.

"Heya, Bobby. And (Name), you've gotten tall. I remember when you were yay high." Isaac said, holding his hand over his waist. Dean raised his hand pitifully from the ground and waving for attention. "Hello. Bleeding here." He said in pain.

We went to Isaac and Tamara's place to talk about what happen at the farmhouse. Dean was in the other room, taking on the phone while Bobby was looking at a wall covered with maps, photos, and newspaper clippings.

Sam and I were looking at the bones hanging from the ceiling like a chandelier. I frown in disgust at the baby doll hanging the middle. I reach my hand out to turn it's head so it wasn't looking at me. Sam snickers at this. "I didn't like how it was looking at me." I muttered. "Don't worry. I'll protect you." He said, slipping his arm around my waist to pull me closer and give me a kiss on the head.

"Honey? Where's the Palo Santo?" Isaac asked his wife. "Well, where'd you leave it?" She asked him. "I don't know, dear. That's why I'm asking." Isaac replied. "Palo Santo?" Sam asked.

"It's holy wood, from Peru. It's toxic to demons like holy water. Keeps the bastards nailed down while you're exorcising them." Tamara explained, digging in a bag. She pulls out a large, pointed stake and hands it to Isaac with an affectionate smile.

"Thank you, dear." Isaac said. "You'd lose your head if it wasn't for me." Tamara told him, Sam and I smiled at them. "So, how long you two been married?" Sam asked them. "Eight years this past June." Tamara replied, before getting a forehead kiss from her husband. "The family that slays together..." Issac said.

"Right. I'm with you there. So, how'd you get started?" Sam asked, and an awkward silence fills the room as Tamara and Isaac look at each other, with hard memories. "I, uh, you know... I'm sorry. It's not.. that's none of my business." Sam said, apologetically. "No, no. It's... it's all right." Tamara assured him.

Dean enter the room, finishing up his conversation on the phone. "Well, Jenny, if you look as pretty as you sound, I'd love to have an... appletini." He said and makes a face at us when he said appletini. "Yeah. Call you." He said, then he hangs up his phone and addresses us. "That was the coroner's tech." He said.

"And?" Sam asked. "Get this... that whole family, cause of death? Dehydration and starvation. There's no signs of restraint, no violence, no struggle. They just sat down and never got up." He explained.

"But there was a fully stocked kitchen just yards away." Bobby said. "Right. What is this, a demon attack?" Sam asked. "If it is, it's not like anything I ever saw, and I've seen plenty." Bobby said. "Well, what now? What should we do?" I asked.

"Uh, 'we're' not gonna do anything." Isaac said. "What do you mean?" Sam asked him. "You guys seem nice enough, but, this ain't Scooby-Doo, and we don't play well with others." Isaac replied. "Well, I think we'd cover a lot more ground if we all worked together." Sam said.

"No offense, but we're not teaming with the damn fools who let the Devil's Gate get opened in the first place." Isaac said. "No offense?" Dean asked. "Isaac. Like you've never made a mistake." Tamara said to her husband.